Random Videos

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Lets see them do it. I don't think that 300 HP is anywhere near enough power, and I don't think the rotors to vertically lift the car/TF-X are either big enough in terms of diameter or available power. a 300 HP engine can lift about 1300 lbs. with a 6' diameter rotor (X2 in this case). This vehicle will weigh a lot more than that (probably in the 2000-2500 lb range, assuming that there will be a 300HP engine, a ducted fan for forward motion (along with the mechanical stuff around it), two electric motors of at least 150 HP (not light)each, the battery pack for the electric motors, the structure, the wings, and the mechanical stuff to move the vertical lift rotors around, fold the rotors, etc.). You are probably looking a 4-500 HP motor, and Tesla drive level motors for the vertical lift rotors. Not to even mention that the electronics don't exist yet (we barely have self driving cars. let alone self flying/taking off/landing cars). Can it happen? Oh yeah. By 2021, no way.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Megacab's post in Random Pics about being at the museum with the train layout reminded me of this. Miniatures and models have always fascinated me.
Starts out as an airport and then becomes a train layout.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Megacab's post in Random Pics about being at the museum with the train layout reminded me of this. Miniatures and models have always fascinated me.
Starts out as an airport and then becomes a train layout.

Is that one person's setup????
That's incredible!

Back