Replacing early77/76 trunk floor in wag. to use later size gas tank

My imp

Reaction score
I have another set that I'm going to try that Eastwood genuine /imitation gold anodize paint. With the white w/gold pearl & Summit black cherry pearl I plan on painting the Imp, I think gold anodize & the inside of the spokes black cherry might look bitchin'.

slantman

Reaction score
A follow up on the brown wagon.. made it to the Turkey Run (Daytona) the last four years!!! This last show I had BOTH my wagons there...did not see any other Fs? As soon as I figure how to get the Pics off my first smart phone on to my first Apple I'll post them!!!

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
In regards to the thread topic. I have an early ’77 wagon and it is my plan to change the trunk pan out – much like what you did.

Did you take any additional photos and/or have any other advice about performing that repair?

Note: my fuel tank is in excellent condition currently. I just need more hidden trunk space. With my 14” spare in the hole – there is no room to stick a “business card” in there.

Where did you make your cuts at, from your donor car?
BudW

Edit: pictures added
Trunk Pan BW.jpg

My trunk

Trunk Pan OY.jpg

A fellow members trunk (Ole Yellow)

Last edited:

slantman

Reaction score
Bud, As you can see the cut on the wagon leaves a "ledge"inside the frame rails...then the cut from the Donner fifth should be cut large enough to overlap the lip, spot weld all around and seal.

slantman

Reaction score
After rereading...measure your receiving "trunk" rails and cut leaving as much of the metal remaining as posable (can always be trimed)cut out the "new" floor with the same goal, to have as much metal as you can for the overlap!!!...much easier to trim than to add back. Good luck.

slantman

Reaction score
A follow up on the brown wagon.. made it to the Turkey Run (Daytona) the last four years!!! This last show I had BOTH my wagons there...did not see any other Fs? As soon as I figure how to get the Pics off my first smart phone on to my first Apple I'll post them!!!

slantman

Reaction score
Crap, still haven't figured how to get pictures on this Mac thing... Will go back to my old laptop and try again!!!

slantman

Reaction score
There! Old tech...what a pain, any how No other Fs were spotted the entire show??

Back