Saturday Night Movies

Aspen500

Reaction score
Now Bing Crosby's movie is called 'White Privilege Christmas'.
LOL, you got my cryptic meaning.;)

This past weekend I watched a movie (it was on one of the Encore channels) called "Devil's Reject's". I think it was like a sequel to "House of 1000 Corpses", it was just as f***** up. Kind of movie so bad it's good type of thing. Why did I watch it? That's one for the analysts, lol. I must be on a horror movie kick, have "From Dusk 'til Dawn" on in the other room. You know, good wholesome Christmas movies.:D

Aspen500

Reaction score
Diamond's are Forever was on EPIX Drive-In last Wednesday. One of my favorite Bond movies. To be honest, ALL the Connery Bond movies are my favorite, followed by most Moore Bond movies. After that,,,,,,,not so much.

Lately, pretty much all I've been watching is Mythbusters on The Science Channel. They're showing every single episode of the original series, in order, all 249 of them. Works for me! I've always loved that show since the 1st one in 2003. The new Mythbusters is pretty darn good also.

Justwondering

Reaction score
88 mph.
Sept 26, 1985

I watch this movie and I just have an overwhelming desire to buy a Delorean.. Sigh

Justwondering

Reaction score
Whats not to like about a Delorean?
Stainless steel (shows every ding and hard to repair)
Gull wing doors (hit my head everytime I want to get in)
Two door with no back seat (don't need no stinking passengers)
Step in heighth - 3 inches (i'm kidding - but it sure seems low)...

I think I just get carried away cause of the music or that it reminds me of my wasted youth.

4speedjim

Reaction score
Wasnt that the terrible 3 lug nut, Fuego (Renault) gutless French v6? Fuego = fire, and thats just what should have been done, midway across the Atlantic.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I had to go look it up – for this is not a car I’m not that knowledgeable about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeLorean_DMC-12 says:
“The engine is a Peugeot-Renault-Volvo (PRV) 2.85-litre V6, which produced about 130 hp, that was designed and built under special contract with the DMC Company. These PRV engines were a development of the 2.7-litre V6 in the Renault 30 and were built in the PRV Factory in Douvrin, Northern France. The gearbox, also designed by PRV, was built at the Renault facility near Caen in Normandy. The engines and gearboxes were shipped weekly by sea from the PRV factories to the DMC factory”.

I can say I have never looked under the hood of one of these cars (yet) – so I suspect the transaxle might have been the main reason for using that powertrain, maybe.

If I say anything else, it will be speculation, only.
BudW

Justwondering

Reaction score
Ghost in the Shell ---
Kinda like a japanese, sci-fi, horror movie.

Husband is 'watching' it which his eyes closed, asleep on the couch.
I'm 'watching' it as I search the web for how to get the 580K into and out of 4WD and now wonder if my problem is the pedal for the rear differential lock was depressed.

Perhaps my problem trying to grate the road rock base was not due to 4wd being engaged... perhaps it was because the rear differential was locking both wheels...

I'll still have to figure out the leak above the brake pedals. That's new and the brakes did seem mushy.

Oh and this movie is not my cup of tea.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Atomica is our Saturday night Netflix.

Bummer day.
My cousin in Garland, TX died from the flu yesterday.
My brother is downstairs in the guest room with the flu - day 2 so far.
My husband had stomach virus side effects all night last night.

And tonight's viewing is Atomica.

I've pointed out the solid green line on the left of the screen and the pixelated picture but have been told there is nothing wrong with the screen. lol

I'm keeping my mouth shut on this one.

It was a 4 star when selected and in the past two weeks has dropped to a 2 star.
The pixelation is off-putting to watch so I'm going to do handwork tonight.

Have no idea what the movie is about -- you are on your own watching this syfy thriller.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Watched and/or listened off and on yesterday while doing a major cleaning of the house, Dr. No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger and Thunderball on BBCA. Four of my favorite Bond movies. One downside to them being on a commercial station is, well,,,,,,,,,,,,commercials.

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Just saw two new movies: Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri and The Shape of Water. Both were excellent. Still want to see Darkest Hour and Lady Bird.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
My boy is So into NFL he went to sleep dreaming it, I watched Sinfeild.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been watching a series on Netflix, called Comedians in Cars getting Coffee, staring Jerry Seinfeld. Now, I’m not very big into watching stand-up comic shows – but I do (did?) like the Seinfeld show, and others like it (when I watch TV).

This series is pretty good – other than I don’t care much for Jerry’s haircut.
BudW

Back