Schumacher mounts /6 to 360

bruue1

Reaction score
I realize I kinda hi jacked this thread, I should have been more careful about that. I didn't mean to do that. I got a good idea of how to proceed. I'm really just looking for those mounts, if anyone has them. Given the title of this thread I thought I would ask here. I've got an intro thread now and a parts wanted posting in the forum's classifieds. I'm new to the site. I love it, I really do.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I am finishing my basement in my house right now. After that I expect to be tearing up my engine, prepping the car etc by January. I'll open a different thread about that, lots of pictures of my mistakes, etc... I appreciate all the ideas and enjoy the conversation.

If you have some Schumacher mounts, please let me know. Thanks!

Blue77aspen

Reaction score
Perhaps he is offering a limited amount of product? I recently spoke to the folks at MOTECH Performance in California. There was some confusion as to who was taking over Schumacher's business because I originally called a place in the Carolinas that supposedly was to take over and they redirected me to Motech. When I spoke to the people at motech, they said they were getting very close to being able to sell Engine Mount Kits again for the engine swaps. I asked them to call me when they would begin offering FJM swap kits and they said they would, so if something has happened in the interim because that was only a few weeks back, I would be surprised if Schumacher decided to offer the engine swap kits again but would also be very happy if he did do so again. He seemed very nice to deal with and to be honest he has given the Mopar Community one of the best products that you could find To make swap dreams come true and to give cars that need a swap or would like to get a swap, the option to do so. It's like a new lease on life for some Mopars. He gives the person who needs to be mindful of a "Build Budget" in the Mopar world, a chance to make it happen. Either way this develops, please keep us informed as to what's going on. I think a lot of people are waiting for these mounts to be available again. Cheers!
Please keep us updated, im in the same situation

Oldiron440

Reaction score
At the risk of exposing my sometimes lack of tact, why not use factory parts for the swap?. A K member and mounts from a 318 fifth ave is what you need.

Blue77aspen

Reaction score
At the risk of exposing my sometimes lack of tact, why not use factory parts for the swap?. A K member and mounts from a 318 fifth ave is what you need.
I understand that, but they were doing swaps, long before the kits. And without doing k frame swaps.. found a local guy that does it without the hassle. And proven to withstand whatever you want to put it through. But really appreciate all of the resources I have received..

bruue1

Reaction score
Blue: Are you getting some mounts from your local guy? Any chance he could make two sets instead of one? Assuming you're putting in a 360 that is. I would take copies of whatever he put together for you if they worked and looked strong.

K Member would be great, I'll buy one if I find see one. But I'm not going to buy and strip a fifth ave, I don't have space (or patience from my wife) to have that sitting around. A new K member would give me an opportunity to repaint, replace bushings before putting into the car. But... To be honest, by the time I do all that, maybe I should just buy a coil over conversion from Magnum Force or whatever they call themselves, rack and pinion steering, struts, etc... That thing looks sweet, 7 thousand fully dressed.

I want some mounts to roll with what I got. Cheap, easy, still fun. I'll make my own if I can't find others. It's just arts and crafts. I'll tack them together myself and pay a welder $100 to lay good beads, stack dimes, etc... Or maybe I'll do the whole thing and fix them when they break. It's just an extra couple of steps that I would rather skip

armataz

Reaction score
so, is it not normal, that the engines are off set to the right of center?? I was told that it was,
maybe I'm miss understanding the issue with these mounts.

Back