Signs Of Insanity

ramenth

Reaction score
All these new and politically correct signs have appeared over the last few years like... Reserved for low emissions vehicles....really?
So out of a parking lot like Ikea that holds 500 cars or more the five tree huggers that show up in a prius get the choice spots?
NEVAH!!!!
And besides....my Fifth IS low emissions...
I just did a tune up......

2013-10-07184018.jpg

They have to do that to conform for the handicap parking posts.

Anyone who's buying a "low emissions" vehicle, is by nature, handicapped... mentally.

Think about it. People laying down an ungodly amount of money for a Prius without ever realizing they aren't saving a damned thing. They aren't saving money as the fuel mileage return will never pay for the vehicle itself. My old man get's 45 mpg highway with his Neon. Take a look at the price of a good used Neon over the price a used Prius, compare the fuel mileage, then do the math for the what the cost per gallon is as compared to what the price of the car is to get another 5-10 mpg.

They aren't saving the environment, like they think. A damned "low emissions" vehicle has a bigger carbon foot print before it's built than my Ramcharger did the entire 23 years it was being driven. What do they think runs the strip mines that mine the nickel for the batteries? Giant mother f***in' diesels! And then the nickel gets put on a big boat run by another giant mother f***in' diesel to go to China (and we know how environmentally friendly the Chinese are) to get processed into the batteries to put on another boat run by a giant mother f***in' diesel to go to Japan where the car is assembled to put on another big ass boat being driven by another giant mother f***in diesel to be brought here where the car is put either on a truck or a train run by another giant mother f***in' diesel to be taken to the dealerships. And if it's brought across country on a train, then the car still has to be loaded on a truck driven by a giant mother f***in' diesel.

And then you get the idiots who own something like the Leaf. How the hell is plugging the car in to the electric grid saving the environment when most of North America is fueled by coal and that - according the environmentalists - is the second environment evil after crude?

Then you take into account how the idiots drive. I swear only the mentally handicapped drive like that. Pruis owners are either doing 90mph on the highway - therefore using more gas and defeating the purpose of owning a fuel efficient vehicle - or poking along 20 mph under the speed limit and causing a huge bottle neck behind them.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Thanks for the rant on the Prius. I almost went there once myself; I'm glad I'm not the only one who's aware of the overall environmental catastrophe that car represents. Also, prospective owners may want to look into the human conditions involved in the collection of raw materials to build those cars; I've read some pretty horrifying stuff about the nickel mines and other labor-intensive "resource tapping". Think one step above Auschwitz, and you're pretty close.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score

Anyone who's buying a "low emissions" vehicle, is by nature, handicapped... mentally.

Think about it. People laying down an ungodly amount of money for a Prius without ever realizing they aren't saving a damned thing. They aren't saving money as the fuel mileage return will never pay for the vehicle itself. My old man get's 45 mpg highway with his Neon. Take a look at the price of a good used Neon over the price a used Prius, compare the fuel mileage, then do the math for the what the cost per gallon is as compared to what the price of the car is to get another 5-10 mpg.

They aren't saving the environment, like they think. A damned "low emissions" vehicle has a bigger carbon foot print before it's built than my Ramcharger did the entire 23 years it was being driven. What do they think runs the strip mines that mine the nickel for the batteries? Giant mother f***in' diesels! And then the nickel gets put on a big boat run by another giant mother f***in' diesel to go to China (and we know how environmentally friendly the Chinese are) to get processed into the batteries to put on another boat run by a giant mother f***in' diesel to go to Japan where the car is assembled to put on another big ass boat being driven by another giant mother f***in diesel to be brought here where the car is put either on a truck or a train run by another giant mother f***in' diesel to be taken to the dealerships. And if it's brought across country on a train, then the car still has to be loaded on a truck driven by a giant mother f***in' diesel.

And then you get the idiots who own something like the Leaf. How the hell is plugging the car in to the electric grid saving the environment when most of North America is fueled by coal and that - according the environmentalists - is the second environment evil after crude?

Then you take into account how the idiots drive. I swear only the mentally handicapped drive like that. Pruis owners are either doing 90mph on the highway - therefore using more gas and defeating the purpose of owning a fuel efficient vehicle - or poking along 20 mph under the speed limit and causing a huge bottle neck behind them.

Couldn't have said it better if I tried....
Thank you.

My imp

Reaction score
I don't have signs, I have dealings with people.

I work at a pizza place. Listening to some of these customers..makes me wonder how they got to where they are in life. MULTIPLE times, I've had people ask how big a pizza was. But, not how big a large is..but, and I quote. "How big is your 15" pizza?". With mulitiple sizes. And, half of the time, this is after looking over at our size chart on the wall, that has a picture of each size pizza in real size. I always say I hate being on the phone, because people cant see my initial facial expression when I hear them say something stupid.

It scares me to know these people breed.

Don't even think of asking how many slices they want it cut in! Sir, would you want that in 8 or 16 slices? 8, I don't think I could eat 16!

kkritsilas

Reaction score

Reminds me of the time when we were forced to get rid of styrofoam coffee cups and go to ceramic cups/mugs. The reason for that was that the styrofoam was bad for the environment, never degraded when thrown out, etc. One of the guys in my group (we were a group of technologist working at a telecom manufacturing factory) sat down and did the math (slow day). He figured out that the phosphates in the detergent used to wash the ceramic coffee cups would create far more environmental damage than the styrofoam cups ever did. He brought this up with the EH&S (Employee Health and Safety) department who banned the styrofoam cups, and was basically given the brush off.

Actually doing something environmentally sound is nowhere near as important as appearing to be environmentally conscious.

Kostas

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Reminds me of the time when we were forced to get rid of styrofoam coffee cups and go to ceramic cups/mugs. The reason for that was that the styrofoam was bad for the environment, never degraded when thrown out, etc. One of the guys in my group (we were a group of technologist working at a telecom manufacturing factory) sat down and did the math (slow day). He figured out that the phosphates in the detergent used to wash the ceramic coffee cups would create far more environmental damage than the styrofoam cups ever did. He brought this up with the EH&S (Employee Health and Safety) department who banned the styrofoam cups, and was basicall given the brush off.

Actually doing something environmentally sound is nowhere near as important as appearing to be environmentally conscious.

Kostas

Which perfectly explains hybrid's and electric cars...

NoCar340

Reaction score
Posted by the Department of Redundancy Department:

notice_unnecessary.jpg

Wait... WHAT?!

strange_and_funny_warning_signs_23.jpg

notice_unnecessary.jpg

strange_and_funny_warning_signs_23.jpg

Nuttyprof

Reaction score
My big beef with environmental freaks is, they compare the per minute/mile/whatever impact of a car/appliance/cup/etc, but claim overall advantage when they should compare cradle to grave impact. Most lithium for the batterys in hybrids is mined in chile and there is a 25 mile dead zone around the mine from the toxins. They call that environmentally friendly?

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
My big beef with environmental freaks is, they compare the per minute/mile/whatever impact of a car/appliance/cup/etc, but claim overall advantage when they should compare cradle to grave impact. Most lithium for the batterys in hybrids is mined in chile and there is a 25 mile dead zone around the mine from the toxins. They call that environmentally friendly?

One page back ramenth made a great post on that very thing.
And I like the way you said cradle to grave.
That's exactly it.
I was debating this topic with a guy at work today.
The knee jerk reaction is that our oldies are gas guzzling polluters.
I finally did get through to his brainwashed marble that instead of my cars being in landfills like so many supposedly fuel efficient vehicles from less than fifteen years ago....mine are still on the road and would probably pass an e test hands down.....why? Because the majority of us car guys keep our cars running like a champ, regular tune ups, maintenance, etc.
Instead of the guy in front of me at the light in his blue smoking 2002 honda.
As far as gas mileage?
I ran numbers with the saleswoman at work who's relatively new yaris is untuned and running like a POS....her hamster driven car consumes almost as much gas as my beautifully tuned 318.
As far as electric and hybrids?
As far as I'm concerned it's a crock of BS specifically geared towards people who profess to be concerned about the environment yet have enough chinese made sprawlmart plastic products to fill a landfill.....
Every self proclaimed "environmentalist" I've ever met had had their soapbox preaching rubbed in their face by me and had no real rebuttal after about ten minutes of explaining exactly how full of sh!t they were.
If you haven't already you should read ramenth's post on the previous page.
He nailed it beautifully.

Back