Sway bar end link bushing recommendations

LSM360

Reaction score
Actually on the pivot links I didn't really break I bent. Once bent the male end kept coming out of female end. I had it bent back and reinforced weld although you can see the AHB ones are much beefier than civi ones in my pic. I bought new civi ones as spares and plan to beef up welds if I ever need to use.

thumbnail_IMG_6085.jpg

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I have more data on this link: Front Sway Bar Brackets

Note: the non HD link (what most of us have) is not that strong and have replaced a bunch of 'em over the years. They break on the stud not far below the end of the threads.

I would like to make these with ARP fasteners, somehow. Maybe weld one onto a bracket, then get the whole thing stress relieved then heat treated, or something (not sure).
I really would like to see what Firm Feel's sway bar brackets look like (hint hint).
BudW

Aspen500

Reaction score
The brackets have never broken on my Aspen. They are still original, but if they haven't broken by now, maybe they never will.

Jinx. Now watch, next time I drive the car one of them will break. :oops:

volare 1977

Reaction score
Most likely hitting something is breaking them off. I have seen some bent ones before but not broken.

LSM360

Reaction score
When it comes to front of car I never broke or bent a single a one until I added the stroker 360 with lots of torque (engine dyno 528 lb/ft). Then is when I bent pivot bushing bracket. No rust, I'm in Florida so that certainly helps.

Back