Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
My 1951 Telefunken on the left
And my late fifties Electrohome AM radio/alarm clock
The Tele needed a power tube.
When I was restoring it, power tubes were around $10
I called my supplier and he said the tube I wanted didn't exist
I told him, yes it does I have one in my hand
Two days later he said he tracked down ONE...
An NOS in the box.......for $150!!!
I bought it.
2013-01-17 16.31.43-1.jpg

2013-01-17 16.31.43-1.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Another monster
Most of my recording gear sits on my seven foot
1964 Telefunken console.
One of the best sounding stereos I've ever heard.
2013-01-17 16.32.41-1.jpg

2013-01-17 16.32.41-1.jpg

80 Aspen RT

Reaction score
Holy crap captain......

I honestly can say I havent heard of the brand names before. I think you said some were German? Are these brands common to Canada?

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Holy crap captain......

I honestly can say I havent heard of the brand names before. I think you said some were German? Are these brands common to Canada?

They got popular around the mid to late sixties in the States and Canada
My fifties models are almost all in german.
Telefunken, Nordmende and Grundig were the big three in Germany.
The quality compared to North America was day and night.
Awesome quality, awesome sound even in mono.

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
ill have to take a pic sometime of my fav records in my collection i can tell u one is a first print doors debut album with the gold star in corner saying debut album.

i would love to see pics of ur vinyls i myself have 250-300 my personal favs is my kiss collection i have 28 diffrent ones.

my day to day turntable is a new 4 in 1 cd tapes radio vinyl its got that great grainy sound mixed with modern improvments but nothing beats originality like the motorolla

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
ill have to take a pic sometime of my fav records in my collection i can tell u one is a first print doors debut album with the gold star in corner saying debut album.

i would love to see pics of ur vinyls i myself have 250-300 my personal favs is my kiss collection i have 28 diffrent ones.

my day to day turntable is a new 4 in 1 cd tapes radio vinyl its got that great grainy sound mixed with modern improvments but nothing beats originality like the motorolla

Not even sure how many i have right now.
At least a thousand.
I'll have to snap some pics of my faves.

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
any genre u have the most of mine would be 50's to 80's rock ac/dc,kiss,journey,doors,beach boys,neil diamond i have alomost all of his im ashamed to say.....

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
any genre u have the most of mine would be 50's to 80's rock ac/dc,kiss,journey,doors,beach boys,neil diamond i have alomost all of his im ashamed to say.....

I have pretty much everything you've mentioned
Plus throw in Genesis, Gentle Giant, Strawbs,Passport, Bruford,Jeff Beck, Abba, Marshall Tucker Band, Allman Brothers, The Flock......
My tastes are across the map. I have just under ten thousand songs in my jukebox right now and you couldn't pin anything down to any general genre .
It just goes on and on.

roadrunnerman

Reaction score
My mom's got about everything. mostly the older ones. connie stevens , pat boone, buddy holly, doris day,abba, neil diamond. I think she is getting ready to get rid of them. so I anybody wants some let me know.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
My mom's got about everything. mostly the older ones. connie stevens , pat boone, buddy holly, doris day,abba, neil diamond. I think she is getting ready to get rid of them. so I anybody wants some let me know.

I'm afraid.
I used to have thousands of albums. :tongue1:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
So the media is all impressed cause they're "pretty sure" that Be-younc-we "might have" sung her halftime show live....
Woooooeee, that's some impressive!
Isn't that what a so called singer is supposed to do?
Bombarded by Bouncee's and Bieber's.
What a complete joke.
I can't believe how far the general public's version of "music" (term used loosely)
Has gone down the crapper. :angry1:

Last edited:

slant6billy

Reaction score
I used to tape a lot of radio shows in the early 80s on sunday nights. "King Biscuit Flower hour", "For headphones only" and others. Aswell, taping MTV and VH1 very early when they played videos and concerts. There were other sick folks like me who now post this stuff on youtube. I do things in 5. Saturday night I posted videos that included a horn (trumpet or sax) in a heavy song. So Motorhead's "Angel City", John Cafferty's "On the Darkside", Lynch Mob's "Tangled in the web", White Trash's "apple pie", Pink Floyd "Dogs of war". Notice I said heavy song. Robin trower once said "Making single notes cry" ..... something definitely missed by today's standards of artist.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Speaking of Robin Trower, my buddy bought the remaster of "Bridge Of Sighs"
And of course, since a lot of studios don't have ears anymore it sounds just okay
I do a lot of remastering in my studio, so I put the boots to it.
Man, what a great album and NOW it sounds the way it should.
Great album, great player.
What's your channel? I'll look you up.

Back