The death of Chrysler?

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Well, Chrysler & Dodge brands dodged a bullet - at least today. The names will live on, largely only in North America, but for how long? Unknown. I did not realize that Dodge was also at risk. Fiat/Chrysler is going to focus on Jeep, Ram, Maserati, and Alfa Romeo; on hybrid and electric, and a bit of good news, a new mid-size Ram truck (about freaking time!!). No real clear future plans for the remnants of Chrysler and Dodge, or Fiat for that matter. Also, diesel is dying. But, a reprieve is better than execution, so, we shall see.
FCA's 5-year plan led by new Jeep, Ram, luxury products; company hits financial milestone

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
I think a reboot of the Ramcharger is in order to go up against the "new" Bronco Ford has been promising.
I think a downsized, live axle SUV based off the Wrangler would put a dent in Ford's sales without cannibalizing Jeep sales. I'd also like to see a new Jeep truck. I can't afford any of em, but I'd like to see it.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I think the writing is on the thoe, a car co. that only has two vehicles to offer. Hell Tesla has more models to offer.
When Fist bought Chrysler there goal was to sell Fiats....Fiat wanted the dealer network for there cars.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Only certain people buy Fiat in North America.
2016-Fiat-500X-Gay-Pride-550x340.jpg

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
We where part of a business group who tried to purchase Chrysler in 96/97 and keep it away from foreign buyers.
Our business plan was to electrify the Neon, T&C and Dakota.
We where going to rebody the LHS platform for both gas and electric.
We had the names-Plymouth Spark, Dodge Volt and Chrysler Tesla.
DAM!-should have trademarked those names in 96.

Then we where going to offer a bare bones option for low prices.
Rubber mats, crank windows, no radio-ect.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
And now the car makers can't sell car's.
What I think is funny is take a mini van and put swingout rear doors on it and call it an SUV, and it sells.

volare 77

Reaction score
Most people jump on the going trend and the next best thing coming out. I wonder how many of the SUV owners really wanted one or bought it just to fit in? Personally, I rather drive a smaller car for daily purposes. Easier to park, better gas mileage and heck it`s even easier to wash but when I scaled back to one vehicle I kept the truck for many other reasons.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I'm looking for something smaller myself, had to do a sell off for a refinance on my house two years ago and sold my Neon.
This time I'm thinking Focus or Mustang.

Jonnyuma

Reaction score
I dodged the minivan bullet several times when I was married w kids.
We actually bought one and brought it home once. A Chevy Astro, the only model I would even consider due to its S-truck (vs fwd car) platform.
It went back the next day.
Never fretted much about "fitting in" (this is FFMJBO, right...?). I just didn't... want... a... minivan.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
People in general are sheeple.
Everyone had to have the biggest fins.
Early 60's came the downsize to smaller cars-Valiant, Falcon, Corvair
Everyone had a big ass wagon, old people in 4dr yachts and traded it every few yrs.
Muscle came along, only to go back to small crap cars.
Then Vans, vans, vans.
Back to small crap cars.
Mini vans and more mini vans.
Big pick ups and SUV's
Now smaller foreign SUV's and bigger pick ups.

volare 77

Reaction score
Wife had a 03 Neon. That was a good car. We ended up giving to my daughter and after almost 200,000 miles she traded it in and still got decent money for it. Also in the early 90`s we had a mini van when the 4 kids were young. It worked for what we needed it for. Never owned a SUV.

Back