The FMJ Music Channel

Darth-Car

Reaction score
I have it on a cassette in the car. The funny thing is the cassette was assembled backwards. So side A is B, and B is A.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Honestly, I'd say it was probably sometime around 1979 or so since I heard the whole album start to finish in one shot,,,,,other than the pause while the record was flipped over. LOL, record,,,,,,album,,,,,,,sounds so much better than CD or MP3 file or whatever, both figuratively and literally, doesn't it? Nothing like good old vinyl on a vintage analog Marantz sound system.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
I need that winning lotto ticket, so I can have the electronics tech go through the old Marantz Receiver. Oh wait i do not play the lotto. The Kenwood is ok, but not the same.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
There it is just calling my name.

20160602_195940-1.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
A guy I work with put together a vintage Marantz system (tuner, amp, turn table, etc) along with some modern Cerwin Vega speakers and holy crap! No digital sound system comes even close to that thing for sound quality. First time I heard it was when we (me, him, his wife and my GF) sat with only a pair of lava lamps on (genuine vintage 1960's originals) and listened to Rush 2112 start to finish on vinyl. It was like being in high school all over again, except with a WAY better stereo!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
A guy I work with put together a vintage Marantz system (tuner, amp, turn table, etc) along with some modern Cerwin Vega speakers and holy crap! No digital sound system comes even close to that thing for sound quality. First time I heard it was when we (me, him, his wife and my GF) sat with only a pair of lava lamps on (genuine vintage 1960's originals) and listened to Rush 2112 start to finish on vinyl. It was like being in high school all over again, except with a WAY better stereo!

I have a big chair from the 50's that I sit in for listening sessions.

My mid 70's Toshiba SR 355 turntable running into that Marantz 2285b. Can't touch it.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I had never heard the Johnny Cash song 'Highwayman' until yesterday, and that's a damn shame! Man that's a good song.:)
There's a few theme songs I like, Hill Street Blues, Cheers, Mary Tyler Moore, to name a few.

NORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
I like watching the Normisms clips. NORM!!!!!!!!!
How's life treating you Norm? Like it just caught me in bed with it's wife. Classic.

Back