The FMJ Music Channel

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
A classic.....

Useless trivia.....
Todd Rundgren produced and recorded this and is playing all the guitars and keyboards.....

[video=youtube_share;Q9hLcRU5wE4]http://youtu.be/Q9hLcRU5wE4[/video]

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
Thats a fantastic song and i listen to it often and ya it gives me shivers as well ,the song takes you right there in your head where you can feel like your on the sinking ship

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Thats a fantastic song and i listen to it often and ya it gives me shivers as well ,the song takes you right there in your head where you can feel like your on the sinking ship

Same here Ninja. Nobody can tell a story like Gordie and he definitely brings you right there. I grew up on stories of disasters at sea with my Newfoundland background. There's something very haunting about this particular song. Everytime I hear it come on I stop and listen....almost out of respect for those poor souls. The eerie thing is it's happened before on that vengeful lake.....and always on the same date.......that alone gives me the willie's.

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
The big lake they call gitchagoomi ,,prob spelt wrong ,its a indian name
Errie song for sure ,,they not long ago found the ship and did a survey on it with a mini sub ,still no answer to why she went down only speculation? Maybe the hatches were left open or came open with the rough seas ?? No one really knows for sure ,,but my hats off to the men who lost there lives that day ,musta been scary as hell going down

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
The big lake they call gitchagoomi ,,prob spelt wrong ,its a indian name

The chippewa name for the lake...
Gitche Gumee.......nasty lake when she gets in a mood...

One of the theories is it was hit with a series of waves known as "The Three Sisters"
One speculation is that massive ship got lifted out of the water by two of the waves which left the center unsupported and it collapsed leaving the "third sister" to finish it off.

Last edited:

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Gordie could sure set stories to music. He had a great voice for singing those stories, too. A big fan, from Sundowm (love the fancy picking on the lap/pedal steel in this song) to Canadian Railroad Trilogy to The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. His health isn't so good any more, but still worth seeing if you get a chance.

Kostas

Back