The FMJ Weather Channel

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I here ya on the freezing rain, I backed out of my driveway or I should say slid out of my driveway to go to town today.
At least I was pointed in the direction I needed to go when I finally stopped, because I slid the last thirty feet sideways.

Aspen500

Reaction score
We ended up with about 1/2" of ice. Part way to work was like driving on a skating rink, then I turned to head up the ginormous, very steep, hill and was glad to see it was kind of slushy and also had been sanded. Otherwise, I'd have been screwed. It rises up roughly 450 feet and then back down about 400 feet in less than a mile. Most of the way, 40 mph was max or you had the feeling you were being sucked right towards the ditch. Even still, only took 10 minutes longer to get to work than normal. Other choice is take the Interstate but screw that noise. Tonight the roads are mostly just wet but my driveway,,,,,,,,,,,nice and shiny, lol.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Thursday night we had another round of crap. Snowed about an inch, then the sleet came, which became rain, as it warmed up, and soaked into the inch of snow, After that the temp dropped and the rain soaked snow became frozen solid before the rain and sleet turned into just snow again and dropped about 3-4" on top of the inch thick frozen mass. Yee-haw.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Just had another 1.25 inches of rain this morning.
Makes over 9 inches in past 5 days.
I grow weary of the grey skies and squishy ground.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I'm singing snow, snow go the f*** away, lol. The sun was out and softened the ice up enough to scrape and shovel it off the driveways. Out back (north side) where the sun doesn't hit, it's frozen solid an inch thick and won't hardly chip. Did get the front drive down to bare concrete. Think I scraped and shoveled 50 tons of ice and does my back ever hurt now. I mean, hurt more than normal. Yippee, this evening guess what's coming? Yep, more sleet and/or rain and then 2-4" of snow and the driveway will be back to where it started. Son of a female dog..................:mad: Only good news is, it's supposed to be in the upper 30's for highs the next few days so at least it'll melt somewhat.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
just think of what would we complain about if it wasn't for the weather?

Aspen500

Reaction score
Estimate about 6" of snow last night and just to make it really nice, it's windy and the snow is drifted. How long until summer?????????????????????:confused:

Aspen500

Reaction score
Yesterday was full sun and 46 but sort of windy but still, not bad for February! Today though,,,,,,,,,,oh man! Totally clear skies, absolutely zero wind, none, zip, nada and the high was 54!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Clouded up in the evening and now it's raining. As long as it isn't snow, it's all good. This time of year 54 feels like summer, seriously. Headed back to the upper 30's and low 40's the next few days, which still isn't too bad but today was beautiful! Not getting over confident. I've lived here since 1976 and know enough that winter isn't over yet. Even when the calendar says it's spring, winter isn't over around here. Some years winter finally went away in the end of May. It's getting closer though and I am so antsy to be able to drive the Aspen again. Kind of want to drive the Mustang again too. Nothing against the Dakota but it's not exactly exciting to drive.:cool:

Justwondering

Reaction score
I've got a green dakota sitting down at the estate that has an electrical issue.
Absolutely nothing turns on.
I do so hate electrical faults.
Once the weather stabilizes , its been added on to my list-o-things-to-do

Aspen500

Reaction score
I guess our run of 40's and low 50's with pretty much nothing but sunshine and little to no wind has come to an end. They were predicting 4-6" of snow for tonight and another couple tomorrow and,,,,,,,,,,,,,right on cue, it started snowing just after 6pm:(:mad::(:mad: Figures, all the roads, parking lots, driveways and even most roofs were completely clear of any snow or ice, no cars dripping 25 degree salt water on your neck at work, slopping up the floors, and we can't have that now, can we?:rolleyes:

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Sleet, hail, thunder, rain and snow all in one hour!
Then 3" of the white stuff, more coming tonight.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I am SO over winter.................. About 2 1/2 hours of removing snow when I got home this afternoon. Snowed all night and most of the day. I'll be very happy when it's all gone and cannot wait until it's safe to bring the Aspen (Mustang also) back out. :confused:

Back