The FMJ Weather Channel

Aspen500

Reaction score
I'm hoping that its right on the money. :)
Just for you 500.....:)
Bite me! :D The worst part is, if the snow does come, all the nice salt free roads will get a fresh coat of rust inducing white crap and we'll have to wait until it rains enough to wash it all away,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,again.:(:mad:

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I'm supposed to be hit with the same system you are so I'd just like to see it spread around. :) I think it is more like 4 to 6" for us though. Have fun digging out......

Aspen500

Reaction score
I blame myself. Last weekend I moved the snowblower back out to it's summer house, the shed. I wasn't a complete moron though, didn't prep it for storage because in the back of mind, I KNEW the warmish weather was too good to be true. Could be worse I suppose. Last year about this time it was 31" and the year before, 19" so guess we should be grateful.:) Still, I can just imagine the amount of salt that's going to be spread and (way worse), brine that'll be sprayed. As I mentioned, the roads are salt free now and, at least in Rib Mountain, they've all had the street sweeper run over them to suck up the sand and rocks. Sigh....................

Aspen500

Reaction score
Yep, jinxed. However, earlier this morning I went out and moved the snowblower back to the garage, along with the shovel and scoop. Wasn't supposed to start until later but, everything is white already :( Yesterday was sunny and 50ish, and little wind. Today,,,,,,,,,,,not so much. Snowing and 31, no 40 mph wind yet. Guess that's what they call climate change.:confused:

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Just a perfect amount of semi heavy snow here, im not mad about the snow but not thrilled about all things planted and growing.

DSC08460.JPG

Aspen500

Reaction score
Ended up with 8" here with a couple inches of salt. My black truck is now white. :( It is SO freaking cold outside. North wind 30-40 mph, gusts to 50 mph and high 20's for air temp. Welcome to spring.:rolleyes:

Aspen500

Reaction score
It's been 3 days in a row where it never got above freezing BUT, Saturday is supposed to be mid 50's. I can't wait!

Something so wrong about it being the middle of April and the north side of the house has a 2" ice dam and icicles hanging from the eaves. It just ain't right.:(

Aspen500

Reaction score
This morning it's a whole 26 degrees and even worse, there's a couple inches of snow forecast for tonight. All I can say is,,,,,,,,,,,SERIOUSLY?????? Winter just can't get it through it's thick skull that it's time to go away.:mad:

Aspen500

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the we read our temp in F, not C :( I don't think it even got UP to the normal mow today. Doesn't seem right mowing the lawn (for the 1st time this year) wearing a heavy sweatshirt, stocking cap and gloves (pants too, lol). With the ridiculously strong north wind, a few times I almost came in a put a coat on over the sweatshirt. It's SUPPOSED to get back to average later next week (high 60's to 70 degrees) so, it's all good.:cool:

Aspen500

Reaction score
Hmmmm, instant summer. Already 72 at 8:30am but with the 86% humidity, feels warmer than that. NOT a complaint although, it would have been nice to ease into it instead of BAM!. Alas, it's short lived. By next Friday back to spring, only high 60's. Oh well.....................:cool:

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Already 72 at 8:30am but with the 86% humidity, feels warmer than that.

Sounds like a Tornado Sunday in the making, you can have that humidity. Do you have a dehumidifier in your garage?

Aspen500

Reaction score
No tornado but the thunderstorm just rolled through. I was out washing the house and it got darker and darker, then I heard the rumbles, then it got darker and started to sprinkle and I decided it was time to go in! Just in time, 2 minutes later all hell broke loose. It's normally is no where near that humid here during the day (Friday was like 25% max) and VERY seldom do we get a tornado. High straight line winds yes, twister no. Since my house doesn't have a basement, I glad about that!

I've got better than a dehumidifier in the garage, it's air conditioned.:cool: The garage is closed up so it's fairly dry in there yet. Now, the house garage is a different story. Since it isn't heated in the winter 99% of the time, the floor is still pretty cold and when warm humid air meets cold, you know what happens.:(

BTW, it's Monday, not Sunday. WISH it was Sunday though, then I'd have one more day off to get some stuff done.

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
Another instant summer day today. Last Friday the high was 52, the weekend mid 60's and today,,,,,,,,,,,,94. It hasn't been that warm here at anytime of the year for at least the past 5 years. The way the sky looks right now, all hell is going to break loose at some point. Put it this way, the street lights just came on................

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
Last week we were up around 100. Today it's back to wearing sweaters and ready to turn the heat back o if it gets any colder.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Your good, maybe.

Another instant summer day today. Last Friday the high was 52, the weekend mid 60's and today,,,,,,,,,,,,94. It hasn't been that warm here at anytime of the year for at least the past 5 years. The way the sky looks right now, all hell is going to break loose at some point. Put it this way, the street lights just came on................

Screenshot_2020-06-02 NWS - National Mosaic Enhanced Radar Image Full Resolution Loop.png

Aspen500

Reaction score
It was whole lot of nothing! Wind kicked up for a minute, one big crash of thunder and it rained a little bit, then it was all done. Works for me:cool:

Back