The FMJ Weather Channel

kkritsilas

Reaction score
-3C and sunny on Cowtown. Snow and ice melting all over. Going to get icy when sun goes down.

Kostas

P.S. Other thing about weather in Calgary is that the weather predictions are rarely right. Because of the way the montains mix up the airflows, they are lucky to get the predictions right 6 hours in advance, mucj less 2-3 days ahead of time.

My imp

Reaction score
Use mine, 50 % chance of precipitation; it's either gonna snow, or it isn't! 50% chance of sun! it either is gonna shine or........ How cold will it get? Stick your head out the door, F'n cold until spring. Then F'n hot until winter! I'm rarely wrong! If I am... It's global warming, El Niño, La Niña, or Obama's fault!

My imp

Reaction score
Looked outside: 100% chance of snow, 100% chance it'll be cold, 50% chance of sun....Back to you Cap'n! Coming up China Grove by the Doobie Bros.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Looked outside: 100% chance of snow, 100% chance it'll be cold, 50% chance of sun....Back to you Cap'n! Coming up China Grove by the Doobie Bros.

A balmy 15°F out now...
Yet another extreme cold alert on the way.
Snow, snow and more snow in the forecast and by Friday
we should be sitting around -5°F........winter........

My imp

Reaction score
Anyone else have to go anywhere for New Years Day? Over the river & through the woods with a head the size of a basketball? With all that lovely snow & ice reflecting that blinding sun? Going to my Mom & Dads for sauerkraut, pork, spuds, root beer liqueur, & share some time & a game or three of cards. Maybe I'll set up my air hockey game in the basement, then maybe I won't! They're 85 & I don't know how many of these we have left. I try to cherish them while I can. Happy New Year everyone!!!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Anyone else have to go anywhere for New Years Day? Over the river & through the woods with a head the size of a basketball? With all that lovely snow & ice reflecting that blinding sun? Going to my Mom & Dads for sauerkraut, pork, spuds, root beer liqueur, & share some time & a game or three of cards. Maybe I'll set up my air hockey game in the basement, then maybe I won't! They're 85 & I don't know how many of these we have left. I try to cherish them while I can. Happy New Year everyone!!!
photo-1.jpg

photo-1.jpg

My imp

Reaction score

I prefer the "Glad I did" train of thought. We played a card game called construction rummy. Each hand requires different sets to open, I.e. 1)3 of a kind & a run of 4. Etc.. The last hand you can have no discard to open. One person cuts the deck, the next person deals. If you guess the right number of cards when you cut, you get 25 pts. taken off of your score. I did it twice in one game! I never ever had this kind of luck at cards in my life. We had a blast! We vow to play cards once a month this year. Usually we're working at my place or theirs. It felt good to just kick back & relax for once!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I prefer the "Glad I did" train of thought. We played a card game called construction rummy. Each hand requires different sets to open, I.e. 1)3 of a kind & a run of 4. Etc.. The last hand you can have no discard to open. One person cuts the deck, the next person deals. If you guess the right number of cards when you cut, you get 25 pts. taken off of your score. I did it twice in one game! I never ever had this kind of luck at cards in my life. We had a blast! We vow to play cards once a month this year. Usually we're working at my place or theirs. It felt good to just kick back & relax for once!

I much prefer it too.
My wife's grandpa is 96 and I phone at least once a week and we go to see him at least once a month. It's great just hanging with him for a couple of hours and I know he really enjoys it. You can never be too busy for the people that matter.

mirada80

Reaction score
Woke up to -26C (-15F) this morning and didn't get much better throughout the day.

My imp

Reaction score
Wife almost made it to work today. Called me from the median of I-58, " so, how's your day going? I'm fine, I guess the car's fine. I'll know more when AAA gets here." Car drove in fine, so I guess I'll check it when she gets home! Snowin' & blowin' @ a balmy 18.5F. Got about 6" of snow the past couple days, so doesn't look like I'll be going out to walk the dogs!

My imp

Reaction score
Update from the wife; no the car isn't fine! Back bumper cover's messed up, packed full of grass & dirt. If SHE says its messed up, I might as well order parts, sure hope it's only cosmetic, probably needs bumper support & shocks, if I'm lucky.

Back