The FMJ Weather Channel

Erics5th

Reaction score
Been in the low 50's or so the past week, supposed to be upper 60's to low 70's this weekend, though the mornings are usually in the 20's. There have been a few days with high temps only in the 20's, not to many though. Its West Texas, so the temps are always going up and down during the winter. Don't know how you guys do it... Have to admit, glad I drive a fuel injected car on the cold days.

Erics5th

Reaction score
Not to bad. I've had harder starting cars in warmer weather! My ex got the Charger (really need to remove it from my signature) so I'm back to daily driving the 96 Lexus ES300. The starter hangs up in cold weather, but I would to if I had 289K+ miles...

kkritsilas

Reaction score
In Calgary right now (8:28AM) it is -5C (23F), today's high is supposed to be +2C (36-38). Not blowing (strangely enough) to the extent that there is a wind chill.

Supposed to be +8C to +12C on Saturday. I'd like to believe that, but the weathermen have enough of a hard time figuring out what the weather will be tomorrow, much less 6 days away.

Kostas

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
-8°F here this morning....windchill of -20°......really?....
Glad I ain't at the trailer.....-32°F without any windchill.
My trailer is indeed an ice cube right now.

ramenth

Reaction score
High yesteday: cold. Low, even colder.

High today, too friggin' cold. Low, even friggin' colder.

Seriously, this is an old fashioned winter. Cold temps, snow. Makes me wonder what this summer is going to be like.

My imp

Reaction score
Don't know how cold it is! Here we go! Digital thermometer died! lol it's a frozen piece of ice hanging on the window. Maybe I'll put a new battery in it, maybe I won't. My phone says 6 deg.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Current wind chill here is -11°F, based on 5°F actual. No wonder the dog is lying in front of a furnace outlet.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Haven't gotten tons of snow the past few says but yesterday and last night it was damn cold and the wind was nuts....50-60mph gusts.

My imp

Reaction score
I am not exaggerating this one bit. It was 20 degrees, 20 mph gusts, had stopped snowing. I went out, & cleaned off the Imp to do next years Christmas card picture (my brown Imp, w/Rudolph nose & antlers, w/me in my Santa suit & red ribbon for reins). I tied the nose to the hood ornament, put the first antler on the drivers window, still no snow. Walked around the car, opened the door, all hell broke loose. By the time I put the second antler on, & closed the door, it was a white out! The wife posted the blizzard on Facebook, & couldn't stop laughing. We had about 4-5" when I went out. 7 hrs later, it hasn't stopped snowing. My wife measured it after she shovelled the drive. 15"!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I am not exaggerating this one bit. It was 20 degrees, 20 mph gusts, had stopped snowing. I went out, & cleaned off the Imp to do next years Christmas card picture (my brown Imp, w/Rudolph nose & antlers, w/me in my Santa suit & red ribbon for reins). I tied the nose to the hood ornament, put the first antler on the drivers window, still no snow. Walked around the car, opened the door, all hell broke loose. By the time I put the second antler on, & closed the door, it was a white out! The wife posted the blizzard on Facebook, & couldn't stop laughing. We had about 4-5" when I went out. 7 hrs later, it hasn't stopped snowing. My wife measured it after she shovelled the drive. 15"!

That's crazy!!
And where exactly is Al Gorf??

My imp

Reaction score
Re-calculating on the Internet he invented, maybe he said "Blue-ball warning", not "Global warming"?

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Re-calculating on the Internet he invented, maybe he said "Blue-ball warning", not "Global warming"?

I'd buy that....guess he thinks his bag is a globe.
That makes it even funnier to think this clown had been giving lectures about his nuts.

My imp

Reaction score
I'd buy that....guess he thinks his bag is a globe.
That makes it even funnier to think this clown had been giving lectures about his nuts.

If he'd toned his rhetoric down a bit & said that with the sun getting hotter naturally on its own, combined with what man is doing to the planet, his movement may have gotten some traction. But it's much easier to blow things way out of proportion, & sensationalize his agenda, rather than tell the truth. What we're doing isn't good for the planet, but what kind of arrogance does it take to think man can do all this on his own. This is the coldest weather we've had since we moved back from Fl. in '89.

alf44

Reaction score
7.30pm in minnesota and its friggin nasty out. 3 above but very high winds and just nasty out, went to the store and it took maybe 2 minutes to unload cart in car and with gloves on i still froze my hands.. cant wait till april,lol

My imp

Reaction score
They just announced, we've got 2' more snow than this time last year! This is only the beginning! Winter can last until late April, early May!

Back