The FMJ Weather Channel

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
was in the 60s yesterday, right now its 29 and the cars have a dusting of snow :icon_sad:

NoCar340

Reaction score
12°F here, and it feels like a summer day compared to the weather of late. Walked the dog last night and was wishing I were part husky too.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Truly a Great Canadian morning....
It's been blissfully warm so of course everything was melting.
Ah....but then it got frigid overnight so everything froze solid...including my car.
Came out this morning to find my tires residing in what was once a swimming pool but now solid ice.
Okay....fair enough....might take some rocking and rolling but I'll get out.
Now because I already know my locks are going to freeze I leave my rear passenger door unlocked.
Only problem is the latch is now an iceberg so even though I did get the door open...it wouldn't close.
Back upstairs to retrieve my can of WD-40......
Hosed down the latch to no avail...oh well....sit and wait with the heat on full tilt.
Finally it closed....now to launch from the ice rink I'm stuck in.
I tried a little rock and roll.... nope.....then just got pissed and hammered the gas.
SUCCESS!!! I'm out....over the hump of snow which the plow was nice enough to leave for me
Only to be stopped dead in my tracks by the mammoth size mountain that the street plow left for me.
Chiseled most of that out with my work boots since I had no available weapons
Got back in and gunned it....luckily avoiding leaving my transmission on the sidewalk.
So....now I'm at work finally.....pondering how much I truly despise this winter.....
Spring can't come soon enough for me.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
-16C (about 0F) still air, -31C (about -15F) with wind chill in Calgary this morning. Snowing, and the wind is whipping up the snow, so some parts of the city streets are almost at a white out condition. Driving to work, visibility was down to about 40 feet or so.

Kostas

Last edited:

kkritsilas

Reaction score
-27C in Calgary (-16 to -17F). Not much wind blowing, so no change in windchill temperature. A place just south of Calgary was a -31C, or -24F or so.

Kostas

My imp

Reaction score
Enough snow that the wife tried to go in, made it about 1/2 mile down the road, & turned around & came home! Blue Ball Warning again!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I cleaned five tons of snow off my car...
Drove to work which was a complete horror show
Then came out to my car to get something a freakin' hour later and it looked like this....just friggin insane!!!
2014-02-05 15.18.50.jpg

2014-02-05 15.18.50.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
All I really have to say at this point is this winter just blows chunks
Sucks nuts, eats a$$....am I being too subtle here?

My imp

Reaction score
-3 degrees with a -15 wind chill. Forecast says we won't hit freezing (32) until next Thursday.

NoCar340

Reaction score
You lucky bugger. We're only going to see 7°F today; we're currently teetering at zero.

mirada80

Reaction score
Buried in snow from last night. I got home from night shift this morning at 6:45am, pushed throught snow over the front bumper of my Durango in my yard. Plow guys were out early and main arteries were pretty good going, just had to deal with the white outs.
I've had enough winter now, thank you, bring me spring.

My imp

Reaction score
-5F outside! Another 4"-6" expected by nightfall! I'm just glad my snowblower fires up with the same dependability as my Imp! Honda engine & track drive make for one excellent piece of equipment! People still driving like it's the first time they saw, or drove in snow.

NoCar340

Reaction score
We've got 10°F here, with an expected high of 21°. This past weekend marked the first time since November we've had two consecutive days over 15°, so it's a bit like summer up here. We're supposed to see mid-30s tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday! :eusa_dance:

Back