The FMJ Weather Channel

ramenth

Reaction score
Buried in snow from last night. I got home from night shift this morning at 6:45am, pushed throught snow over the front bumper of my Durango in my yard. Plow guys were out early and main arteries were pretty good going, just had to deal with the white outs.
I've had enough winter now, thank you, bring me spring.

I just got done shoveling 150' of driveway. Usually wouldn't worry about it with the 4x4 available, but the propane truck will be here tomorrow and a buddy of mine got buried yesterday that I had to pull him out. Next year the F150 will be seeing a plow... and after I go through the expense we probably won't see an inch the entire winter.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Next year the F150 will be seeing a plow... and after I go through the expense we probably won't see an inch the entire winter.
But if you do, you'll find out you have a lot more "close friends" than you think you do. :icon_biggrin:

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Mirada+Cold(quarter panel extensions) = Fail

CAM00213.jpg

72Dodge

Reaction score
Ugh, I hope that doesn't happen to mine, especially since it's had to sit outside this winter (covered). So far as I can tell so far they're fine. Mine are aftermarket though if that matters.

We just got like 8" since this morning, and it's still coming down. With the warmer temps coming this week I was hoping the snow would mostly melt, but I think mother nature has other designs. At least it's 25° out... seems downright balmy!

kkritsilas

Reaction score
I have heard about this. I have, however, seen about a half dozen Miradas/Cordobas without any of them being so much as stiff. All have flexed to the touch. Calgary, is not known for its warm winters (although even that is arguable some years), and the UV levels, or at least the sun's brightness is very high (low humidity and high elevation, so less attentuation by the atmosphere). You would have thought that if it was UV aging of the plastic/resin (whatever Mopar used for the end caps), pr cold temperatures, it would have been more prevalent here, but I am just not seeing it here. I have even pulled a pair of rear end caps for a Cordoba and the center piece betweeh them, and sent them to a board member, nad he said they were just fine. I have not doublt that other members are seeing the rear end caps, but I just don't see them up here. Pn;y hting I can speculate that is doing this is either excessive amounts of humidity (All of Alberta is pretty dry), or the use of salt (not used in Alberta).

Kostas

NoCar340

Reaction score
They don't seem to dissolve here either, and we have salt. I don't recall seeing one with bad quarter extensions in person, ever.

brotherGood

Reaction score
we had Icing all night last night. Its the first time in a while that I remember seeing that. So, now everything is iced over. But, were gonna be in the upper 30s to lower 40s for the next few days..so everything will melt and flood.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
My view through the windshield......yet again.

2014-02-18084908.jpg

And apparently we're running out of room to put all this crap.....

2014-02-18090856.jpg

My imp

Reaction score
The wife wants to build a snowman after work. I wanted to do it last night before the latest squalls hit. The snow in the front yard is almost up to the mirrors on the Imp! I don't have boots tall enough! Been a long time since I've done anything with snow, other than snowblow it. Now I'll know why I'm spending the next week between the whirlpool & ice pack, & or heating pad!

NoCar340

Reaction score
I spent a good amount of time at work in the backhoe today, playing "World's Biggest White Sandbox". The whole area is slightly larger than 3 football fields, including end zones & 10-yard-deep sidelines. This was the third work day in a row I had to clear it, for a total of around 10 hours in that loud, vibrating, stinky phone booth on wheels. At least it was nice today (right around freezing) with so much sun I had to pop one of the windows open after about an hour.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
You could literally draw a circle around the "winter from hell" zone this year.
The amount of snow we've had is insane this year.
None for the immediate future......I think.....

mirada80

Reaction score
Woke up to another 6-8" of snow again this morning, I had no idea that was coming, another snow day for the kids.
Although my Labs seem to enjoy playing the snow.

Back