Time To Whip It Out!

Aspen500

Reaction score
Burned another 2 or 3 gallons of gas this evening. Absolutely perfect out for a cruise, especially just after sunset. 80 degrees and zero wind. Just freaking perfect! Always try to not think of what it costs to go out and drive nowhere but didn't build the car just to look at, right? Premium is $3.21/gal btw......

No, I didn't take any pics. Would be a moot point, not enough light left while I was out.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Whipped it out briefly early this morning again. Only went over to Kwik-Trip just up the street to fill it up with ethanol free premium. Darnit, went up to $3.29 now. After that made a quick "trip (no pun intended) around the block" and back in the garage. Grand total of maybe 2 miles.

Figured the mpg for the heck of it. Came out to about 11 avg. Funnily enough, that's only 5 mpg less than my '96 Dakota 4x2 3.9L averages (it gets around 16-17 usually), except the car has at least 3 times more power and torque and is a hell of a lot more fun to drive! Anyways, comparing the two, I guess 11 ain't so darn bad really.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Whipped it out again yesterday.

20150802_145642.jpg

And this week will also be a "Take your Volare to work" week.

20150802_145642.jpg

compubert

Reaction score
I am whipping it out tonight at the house and out in the 82 degree weather here on Saturday.
Just noticed where you were, used to be a great place to clean out the carbon between Tomball and north Houston.... :)

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, yeah, yeah! lol For now it'll have to be still photo's. Next time I'll see what I can do. Darn camcorder battery is dead and when I plug it in to charge, nothing. The charge light doesn't come on so either my USB charge adaptor went bad or the battery pack is shot,,,,,,,,,,,,already. Should pick up an AC adaptor for charging. Suppose I should figure out which it is and scoot over to Best Buy for a replacement whatever it needs. Whatever costs the most,,,,,that's what it'll need, right? Usually how it goes.

May have posted these before but all I got for the time being,
Nice car.

compubert

Reaction score
Up to 104 degrees today, no whipping it out till September. No A/C.
My car never had AC, came from Washington DC and guess that was ok there. I live in central Fla, hotter than snot here and I just sweat...

Aspen500

Reaction score
My car didn't originally have A/C, I added it. At one point I had gone semi pro street with the car. Tunneled firewall, no inner fenders, fenderwell headers, no heater, etc. What WAS I thinking? Thankfully I never got farther than that and hadn't tubbed it or something. Anyways, like an idiot I tossed all the parts taken off. Along comes a parts car ('78 Aspen) with A/C. Took the inner fenders, firewall from the cowl down, the HAVC system.....................and used them to make my car streetable again. It just happened the parts car had A/C otherwise I'd probably not have it either. Fate, it's a strange thing! lol

BTW, I have absolutely no pictures of it during that stage of it's life. Maybe that's a good thing!

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
Want to take the car out but,,,,,,,,,,,looked up and saw this bazar scene. Best to leave it in the garage for now. :icon_sad:

Looks lighter to the west so there's still hope for later this evening, maybe.

DSCF0001.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
It's only 5pm (central time), there's still time Captain!

I keep looking and the bright sky off to the west isn't getting any closer. WTF?!?!?! Like the weather system just stopped dead in it's tracks. At ground level there's absolutely zero wind, maybe the same up there in the clouds too. Who knows. Stupid weather.................Supposedly it's not going to rain but I just don't trust it at all.

Never mind, just checked the radar. Not going to rain today................GOOD ONE!
I'm in the Wausau area, center of the map where Hwy 29 and I-39 meet up. Guess the car won't be coming out after all. Much sadness in Aspen land.

imagery_DMA_satrad_640.jpg

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I wish. By the time I haul it out of the garage I'll have two hours tops. Hour and a half really. I'll have to put her away again. Oh well. Next week.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Oh yeah, forgot you have to go through more than just back out of the garage and go also!
Mine didn't come out last night. About 5 minutes after posting the radar pic above, the rains came, and came, and came, and came.

Maybe, just maybe this evening?????? Time will tell.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Just checked the radar and,,,,,,,,,totally clear. Nothing even close to here. Soon as rush "hour" is over and traffic becomes tolerable, out comes the car.

Why do they call it rush HOUR? Starts around 3:30 and lasts until at least 7:00, and 9pm on Fridays. I hate traffic.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Just checked the radar and,,,,,,,,,totally clear. Nothing even close to here. Soon as rush "hour" is over and traffic becomes tolerable, out comes the car.

Why do they call it rush HOUR? Starts around 3:30 and lasts until at least 7:00, and 9pm on Fridays. I hate traffic.

Jealous......very jealous.

Back