Time To Whip It Out!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Lol....you still have it easier than I do.
I have to hop in my Fifth, drive about five minutes away. Then pull in, open the garage, drive underground, park the Fifth somewhere, get out and uncover the Caravelle or Volare, fire it up, move it out of it's spot and park my Fifth there, cover the Fifth and THEN I'm ready to roll. When I'm done playing do the same thing in reverse. The upside is the play toys are never subjected to the elements.

As far as A/C....what's that?
The gas leaked out of the Fifth two years ago and the Caravelle and Volare are non A/C cars.
I just roll both window's down and drive faster. :laughing6:

Aspen500

Reaction score
I think I'd go nuts if my car wasn't 25 feet away from the back door, locked in a garage all by itself!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I think I'd go nuts if my car wasn't 25 feet away from the back door, locked in a garage all by itself!

Lol....it's a bit of a pain but I actually feel better keeping both the nice ones out of harms way. It's worth it knowing nobody's going to screw with them.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Since my internet's being a little b*tch tonight, I'll check the vid out later!

Whipped it out this evening again. Took the car out also, lol. Hadn't planned on it but the weather was too darn nice not to. Only did maybe 6 or 7 at the death defying speeds of 30-35 mph.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Since my internet's being a little b*tch tonight, I'll check the vid out later!

Whipped it out this evening again. Took the car out also, lol. Hadn't planned on it but the weather was too darn nice not to. Only did maybe 6 or 7 at the death defying speeds of 30-35 mph.

No pics?

Aspen500

Reaction score
All I got right now is a couple short videos from last year.

First one is behind the house with the old (too "big") cam.

Other is just a very easy run on the frontage road back to the house with the cam that's in it now but before carb and ignition tuning. Think it was the first drive after building the engine for the second time in 100 miles.

https://youtu.be/W18nx7qEkWs

https://youtu.be/Fr_ikEYYPE0

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
All I got right now is a couple short videos from last year.

First one is behind the house with the old (too "big") cam.

Other is just a very easy run on the frontage road back to the house with the cam that's in it now but before carb and ignition tuning. Think it was the first drive after building the engine for the second time in 100 miles.

https://youtu.be/W18nx7qEkWs

https://youtu.be/Fr_ikEYYPE0

Damn that's a gorgeous car.
Sounds wicked.

Really the digging that batcave entrance too. :icon_biggrin:

Aspen500

Reaction score
Thanks man! It doesn't have the rumpity-rump cam in it anymore. Sounded cool but that was about all it did.
Need to figure a way to mount the video camera in the car WITHOUT doing anything to the car itself. The driving one, I was holding the camera with one hand and trying to drive with the other. Doesn't work too good. Should have turned the heater fan off too, so it didn't blot out the engine sounds. Despite the date being June 8th 2014 and it LOOKING so nice, it was early morning and only in the high 20's (F) for temp. LOL, Bat cave entrance! Now you see what I meant by PITA to get the car out.

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
There ya go. I love James Bond movies (especially Connery and Moore ones). Batman, not so much. Now, if the Bond girls were beyond the entrance.................lol

Aspen500

Reaction score
Linda (my redhead) says if I want a Bond girl beyond the entrance, it better be Miss Tiffany Case. Works for me!

Depending on if any storms roll in this evening, plan to take the car out. Totally clear sky right now (and hot) but too much damn traffic. Worse is,,,,,,it's Saturday traffic which means lots of drivers that only drive in traffic once a week, or come to "the city" once a month. Scary.............

Aspen500

Reaction score
Whipped it out a bit this evening. Nice out, perfect for a windows down ride.
One of the rare times I actually turned the radio on. Good ol' Classic Rock 104 was playing the perfect songs for cruising a '79 Aspen. Made it somehow better.
Among others they played this one: https://youtu.be/m6zRq2ny5YQ

and then followed it up with this: https://youtu.be/NOErZuzZpS8

After that one of my favorites: https://youtu.be/vdVDy8ioG_o?list=FL_FCoZ2LBeWkQofdH0p3zxQ

(obviously not this version but I had this one saved and they do an awesome job of covering the song so.......)

They went to a live broadcast from downtown and "Concert on the Square" so I shut the radio off but it was great!

Kind of cool. On my stock 4 watt AM/FM Stereo (with modern speakers) sounded just the way it should for the era.

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I love the old school sound.
We have our one remaining AM station that still plays oldies.
I love that one speaker stock radio setup in the Volare for that.
Brings me back.

Aspen500

Reaction score
That station will play songs like I posted and then move to old Motley Crue, Judas Priest then do a few like Deep Purple, Uriah Heep, etc. Best part is, they don't only play the same songs you've always heard by the groups but instead does "album cuts" or whatever you want to call it. They are darn good. Got another that plays roughly 1968-1988 songs. Anything from The Doors to KISS to The Go-Go's and even the occasional disco song. Used to be called "the oldies station" and played moldy oldies (not my thing) but last year switched to "classic hits". There's a couple other classic rock stations but some of what they call classic rock I can't stand (Rod Stewart, John Cougar Mellencamp, Journey, etc....)

Anyhoo, looks to be a beautiful day and I do believe the car will be out at some point!

Aspen500

Reaction score
Yeah, yeah, yeah! lol For now it'll have to be still photo's. Next time I'll see what I can do. Darn camcorder battery is dead and when I plug it in to charge, nothing. The charge light doesn't come on so either my USB charge adaptor went bad or the battery pack is shot,,,,,,,,,,,,already. Should pick up an AC adaptor for charging. Suppose I should figure out which it is and scoot over to Best Buy for a replacement whatever it needs. Whatever costs the most,,,,,that's what it'll need, right? Usually how it goes.

May have posted these before but all I got for the time being,

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002 (1).jpg

DSCF0003 (1).jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

pic2.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

Back