Time To Whip It Out!

Monkeyed

Reaction score
use a 25-30 gallon fuel cell

maybe, I was thinking about cutting out that pit in the trunk, and making it flat to open up some space underneath. the leak isn't noticable after I've driven abbout a gallon out of the tank, so it buys me some time.

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
I whipped it out today, and boned a woman :cussing:

10177406_1418118961787877_2511027715726804895_n_zps0e8e8ef3.jpg

Mr.Lopar

Reaction score
i know, but now i got a reason to do what i want, and have it paid for :D
and yeah, dumb broad ran a stop sign, i had the right away, didn't see her till it was to late and from what i could tell was she didn't stop
i slammed the brakes and slid a good 40 feet or so before a slammed her

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Well....luckily my guess was right.
The rubber on the line coming off the side of the fuel filter had a nice big split in it.....so nothing major. Replaced the filter and all the rubbers
Only drag was minimal light in the garage and you really gotta wonder who at Chrysler thought it was a good idea to put the damn filter here...

2014-05-10151135.jpg

I have have a medium size paw and it's tight in there for me.
Fishing around the alternator, lower rad hose and jamming my arm between the valve cover and the wheel well......yeesh.

But it's done, and running like a champ..
Which means I got to "whip it out"....

2014-05-10133036.jpg

Last edited:

Monkeyed

Reaction score
Well....luckily my guess was right.
The rubber on the line coming off the side of the fuel filter had a nice big split in it.....so nothing major. Replaced the filter and all the rubbers
Only drag was minimal light in the garage and you really gotta wonder who at Chrysler thought it was a good idea to put the damn filter here...

2014-05-10151135.jpg

I have have a medium size paw and it's tight in there for me.
Fishing around the alternator, lower rad hose and jamming my arm between the valve cover and the wheel well......yeesh.

But it's done, and running like a champ..
Which means I got to "whip it out"....

2014-05-10133036.jpg

Awesome!

NoCar340

Reaction score
Excellent! Another lives on the mean streets of Hogtown. :eusa_dance:

NoCar340

Reaction score
Bucket of bolts my butt. You saw pics of my bucket of bolts. Oy. :icon_biggrin:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
FINALLY!!!

Yes.....I finally got to whip this one out today.
Been sitting since October. A few cranks, a few pumps and away she went. Damn I love this car.

20150711_101750.jpg

20150711_122511.jpg

20150711_153758.jpg

20150711_101750.jpg

20150711_122511.jpg

20150711_153758.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Had so much fun whipping it out yesterday I had to whip it out again today. Too much fun. I'm late getting her out but quickly making up for it.

20150712_165929.jpg

20150712_165826.jpg

20150712_165929.jpg

20150712_165826.jpg

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
Here's the dumb question of the year,,,,,,,,,where did you have it parked? Obviously a parking garage, apartment dweller?

Whipped mine out a couple times this weekend. Put about 15 miles on late Friday evening after traffic died down to a dull roar, early this morning did another 10 or so before (you guessed it) traffic became a loud roar. I hate traffic.............................

You know what? It's beautiful out right now (7:30pm), still 84 degrees and only partly cloudy, no chance of rain,,,,,,,,,,,,,I think I'll whip it out again this evening. If only it wasn't such a PITA to get the car out (solution to that is in the planning stage) but worth it once I back out onto the street!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Here's the dumb question of the year,,,,,,,,,where did you have it parked? Obviously a parking garage, apartment dweller?

Whipped mine out a couple times this weekend. Put about 15 miles on late Friday evening after traffic died down to a dull roar, early this morning did another 10 or so before (you guessed it) traffic became a loud roar. I hate traffic.............................

You know what? It's beautiful out right now (7:30pm), still 84 degrees and only partly cloudy, no chance of rain,,,,,,,,,,,,,I think I'll whip it out again this evening. If only it wasn't such a PITA to get the car out (solution to that is in the planning stage) but worth it once I back out onto the street!

There's a seniors apartment building a few blocks from me and I rent two spots in the underground. The majority of the tenants don't drive and a few car guys and myself made a deal with the property manager. Fairly cheap year round storage.

It's not as easy as having them right at your place and sometimes I hum and haw about going to get one of them out. But I have to say....as soon as I turn the key I'm always glad I did.

Go take that baby of yours for a run. :thumbsup:

Aspen500

Reaction score
Sounds like a pretty good deal with the storage. I only have a single car attached garage that I park my daily driver Dakota in and a 24'W x 30'D heated and air conditioned garage behind the house for the car. To get the car out,,,,,,,,back the Dakota out and park on the grass beside the front driveway (I hate parking on the lawn), then open the door on the big garage, back the car out, get out and close the door. Back up the rear driveway which slopes up to the house, through an 8 foot wide door, through the attached garage and another 8 foot wide door (that one has an opener btw), then back down the driveway to the street. Funny how wide an Aspen seems when doing that.... When I get back, reverse procedure. As I said, solution is in the planning stage and what/when/if I do it all comes down to the usual thing ($$$$$$$$).

Anyways,,,,,took the car out for a short ride just a little bit ago. Seems I made the right decision during the build whether or not to put all the underhood A/C stuff on and make it functional. It's 84 and humid yet, even at 8:30 and got only a few blocks before I said "screw it" and rolled up the window and flipped the A/C on. Damn it works good!
Also very glad I recently replaced the stock replacement mini-starter with the TorqueMaster XD. Gave it a real good hot start test tonight. Gauge was running right around 1/2 or so, stopped at the Rib Mt. Petro Mart near my house, parked in a very safe spot and a few minutes later it fired up like the starter was cold. None of that rrrrr,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,rrrr,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,rrrr,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,vroooooom crap anymore. The other starter, even though it was brand new unit didn't like to be heat soaked at all, not in the least! Something about header tubes 1/4 away from it, I don't know. Starters can be so darn picky, lol! . It's a good spare for the Dakota if it's original ever gives up the ghost.

Last edited:
Back