Time To Whip It Out!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Well......guess who finally made it out of the garage today......

20160702_163540.jpg

20160702_163505.jpg

20160702_163320-1.jpg

20160702_163612-1.jpg

You'd think I'd know better by now.
Everytime I think.....I'm too busy. I don't really feel like it. I'm too tired...blah blah.
But everytime I finally get behind the wheel I absolutely fall in love with this thing all over again.

Tomorrow is definitely Volare day.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Well it's about friggin' time! I'll admit, same thing happens to me. "I should get the car out" I say to myself except,,,,,,,,,,,,,no time, I'm to darn tired, don't feel like going through all the b.s I have to go through to get the car from the garage to the street..........................

I really am tired and beat but going to try and take the car out this evening anyways. As you sort of said, once you're behind the wheel, the tired suddenly goes away.

Need to drive it more if no other reason than to use up the gas and fill up with fresh stuff. Got about 1/2 a tank yet. At least that's what the gauge shows. I filled it up last fall and added stabilizer just before parking it for the season. It was filled with ethanol free premium but even with that and the stabilizer it only stays good for just so long. Actually I put Stabil in at every fill up regardless. Without it, 30 days is about it for gasoline these days, even the ethanol free stuff. :(

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Well it's about friggin' time! I'll admit, same thing happens to me. "I should get the car out" I say to myself except,,,,,,,,,,,,,no time, I'm to darn tired, don't feel like going through all the b.s I have to go through to get the car from the garage to the street..........................

I really am tired and beat but going to try and take the car out this evening anyways. As you sort of said, once you're behind the wheel, the tired suddenly goes away.

Need to drive it more if no other reason than to use up the gas and fill up with fresh stuff. Got about 1/2 a tank yet. At least that's what the gauge shows. I filled it up last fall and added stabilizer just before parking it for the season. It was filled with ethanol free premium but even with that and the stabilizer it only stays good for just so long. Actually I put Stabil in at every fill up regardless. Without it, 30 days is about it for gasoline these days, even the ethanol free stuff. :(

Yes Sir. That's the same with me.

"Do I really want to go to the garage, unwrap the car, hook up the battery just to drive it around for a few hours?"

Obviously although I already knew it the answer is Yes! I do!!!

Aspen500

Reaction score
Back the Dakota out of the house garage, park in yard next to front driveway and I HATE parking on the grass. Go to detached garage behind the house and back car out of it. Get out and close door and open back door on house garage. Then back car through back garage door of house garage while backing uphill through an 8ft door and out the front garage door (also 8ft), down the driveway and finally to the street. Upon return, reverse procedure. It is seriously one big PITA! Solution still in the works. Only one thing is delaying any action ($$$$).

It is worth it though!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Back the Dakota out of the house garage, park in yard next to front driveway and I HATE parking on the grass. Go to detached garage behind the house and back car out of it. Get out and close door and open back door on house garage. Then back car through back garage door of house garage while backing uphill through an 8ft door and out the front garage door (also 8ft), down the driveway and finally to the street. Upon return, reverse procedure. It is seriously one big PITA! Solution still in the works. Only one thing is delaying any action ($$$$).

It is worth it though!

Fire up the Fifth. Drive six blocks away. Drive into the underground spot I rent. Park the Fifth. Unwrap the Caravelle. Pop the hood and connect the battery. Fire it up. Pull it out of it's spot. Park the Fifth in it's spot and then drive out of the maze that is the underground garage. Reverse that procedure to put it away. :D

Still so worth it.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Well, went through the rig-a-ma-row to get the car out this morning, finally. Discovered my gas gauge isn't exactly accurate. Showed just shy of 1/2 tank but took 13 1/2 gallons to fill and I think it's an 18 gallon tank(?). I'll have to keep that in mind from now on. I thought it sat pegged past full way too long on the last tank.
Really do need to drive it more. My log book shows I filled the tank last October 12th and then only about 5 miles before being parked for the winter. I guess the fuel stabilizer does actually work.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Since we finally got a day where there was absolutely no chance of rain (and about flippin' time too) whipped it out for a 12 1/2 mile drive around 7am and then another 12 1/2 mile drive just after 4:30 pm.

Since one of the other guys at work got a car a couple months ago, after 15+ years with no "car", and drives it to work quite a bit, kind of gives me the urge (not sure if that's the right word) to take mine as well.

BTW, he bought a 42,000 mile Kansas car (little to no rust), a '67 LeMans with a '69 Pontiac 400 and Turbo 400 trans, buckets, console, etc. Not a show car by any means but darn nice driver quality!

I know, I know, not an F/M/J or even the right thread for photo's, so sue me :D
DSCF0003.JPG
DSCF0004.JPG

Last edited:

Justwondering

Reaction score
I'm a sucker for those stacked headlights and of course is there really such a thing as too much chrome?

Aspen500

Reaction score
A new world record for the ol' Aspen. Another 25 miles today to work and back. That makes 50 miles in 2 days which is more than I put on the entire season so far up to that point (I think).
It has to end though,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,chances of storms in the forecast for the next 3 days. Oh well, it was a nice run while it lasted.:)

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice photos! I like it.

Mind if I ask when the two photos were taken?

Back