Time To Whip It Out!

Aspen500

Reaction score
Went on a little journey. Took the less traveled route, until I got back to Rib Mountain Drive anyways. The INFAMOUS Rib Mt Drive. Second busiest road in the whole freaking metro area and I have almost no choice but to go on it to get most anywhere. :angry1: Bad part about being boxed in by a freeway to the west, a freeway to the south and a river to the east. One way in, one way out.

Anyways, a few random crappy pics I took along the way because, no pics it didn't happen right?

First couple are going south from my house on the frontage road, up over one freeway, then a little farther, hang a right and go over the other freeway. One is from the top of Foxglove Road headed back down to earth (lol). The 4 lane is headed back east on South Mountain Road, a pic of the Rib Mt. Fire Dept, next coming up to Rib Mt Drive, and then on Rib Mt Drive. Last couple are headed back down Lilac Ave, the last curve before my street. Other side of the retaining wall is the freeway and off ramp to Rib Mt. Drive and finally,,,,,,,,,,,turning into my driveway. back home all safe and sound.

Exciting, ain't it? :eusa_think:

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Oops, here's the rest of them. Must've exceeded the limit per post I guess? Screwed it up on top of it all. The 1st pic should be 3rd, pic 3 should be pic 1 and pic 2 should be pic 3. Got it? LOL

DSCF0014.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

DSCF0017.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0019.jpg

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Very cool.
Nothing like whipping it out.
I feel your pain about bringing a nice ride out in to general population. So many retards......so little available parts.
I've always been nuts about taking the Caravelle out. That car is the only non vinyl Caravelle I know to exist so the thought of some inbred hitting it has always made me nervous.......until lately.

Lately I've been driving that thing like I stole it and man is it fun.
A very good buddy and a seldom seen member on here were talking and I mentioned being paranoid about driving it and he said the words that stuck with me.

"Bullshit......drive, fix, repeat."

I liked it.
They truly are built to be hammered.
I'm enjoying doing it.
But I do hear ya brother.

Aspen500

Reaction score
That's why I took the route I did last night,,,,,way less traffic. Well, less until I looped back around to Rib Mt. Drive. As I said INFAMOUS Rib. Mt Drive, lol. Fortunately, it's getting redone with more and longer turn lanes, new pavement, wider lanes, etc...... Sucks right now but it'll be nice when it's done. When it was built 25 years ago it was fine but it's beyond it's use by date. Funny to think that in the mid 1980's it was still just a 2 lane road with houses mostly and traffic count of 500 cars/day in 1985. Now there's no houses (just stores, strip malls, restaurants, gas stations and who knows what else) and an average traffic count of 28,000 cars a day. How times change.

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
That's why I took the route I did last night,,,,,way less traffic. Well, less until I looped back around to Rib Mt. Drive. As I said INFAMOUS Rib. Mt Drive, lol. Fortunately, it's getting redone with more and longer turn lanes, new pavement, wider lanes, etc...... Sucks right now but it'll be nice when it's done. When it was built 25 years ago it was fine but it's beyond it's use by date. Funny to think that in the mid 1980's it was still just a 2 lane road with houses mostly and traffic count of 500 cars/day in 1985. Now there's no houses (just stores, strip malls, restaurants, gas stations and who knows what else) and an average traffic count of 28,000 cars a day. How times change.

Sounds like my old route to our trailer.
13 years ago when we started going up we'd take this one road that was basically a two laner running through farm land. Now it's a huge subdivision and the road is now six lanes wide both directions.

Aspen500

Reaction score
There's a salvage yard that used to be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY out in the boonies on a skinny 2 lane county road 30 years ago. The yard hasn't moved (gotten a lot bigger though) and now it's on a concrete 4 lane divided street a block from an intersection with another concrete 4 lane divided street with turn lanes, signals for days and 1/2 mile from a freeway.............a few miles past it where it was literally "out in the middle of nowhere" you drive on the same concrete 4 lane and come to intersections with signals. Freeway past my house was 4 lanes, now it's 6-8 lanes with double lane off ramps, 125 foot high flyover ramps, etc. See photo from top of Rib Mt. and aerial. That's just the one on the west side. I got lost in there once, lol! Traffic count in 1985 past where I now live shows it was 12,000 per day. Now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,65,000+ per day. I gotta move. Guess that's called "progress", right? 30 years ago the metro pop was roughly 60,000, now it's over 100,000. TOO MUCH TRAFFIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I'm OK now, lol.

Anyways, despite the traffic I'm planning on whipping it out again this evening.

freeway1.jpg

freeway2.jpg

freeway3.jpg

Last edited:

Aspen500

Reaction score
After a weather related hiatus, time to get the car out again. Always nice to drive it, even though I can't rev past 3,500 because of my HEI style ignition system.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Got the car out this evening. Didn't go real far, maybe 10 miles but better than nothing. Believe it or not, I put it to the boards for the first time ever tonight. Rolling about 20 mph in 2nd when I did it and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,holy yikes! Don't think we need to do that again soon. Not meaning to sound like a wimp but it scared the bejesus out of me! OK it's official, I'm getting old :(

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Got the car out this evening. Didn't go real far, maybe 10 miles but better than nothing. Believe it or not, I put it to the boards for the first time ever tonight. Rolling about 20 mph in 2nd when I did it and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,holy yikes! Don't think we need to do that again soon. Not meaning to sound like a wimp but it scared the bejesus out of me! OK it's official, I'm getting old :(

Lol....atta boy!
Got the blood moving did you?

Aspen500

Reaction score
Long overdue, took the car out for a short ride late this afternoon. Always have to remember I'm not in my 175hp/225 ft lb V-6 Dakota when pushing the throttle. What's normal for the truck is called tire spin in the car, lol! Ooops. Happened twice today and seriously, I did NOT do it on purpose.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Long overdue, took the car out for a short ride late this afternoon. Always have to remember I'm not in my 175hp/225 ft lb V-6 Dakota when pushing the throttle. What's normal for the truck is called tire spin in the car, lol! Ooops. Happened twice today and seriously, I did NOT do it on purpose.

Lol......but I bet it was fun.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Whipped it out on Sunday for one of the last local car shows.
Weather was great and there was a pretty descent Mopar showing.

20150927_122838.jpg

20150927_120834.jpg

20150927_120739.jpg

20150927_120715.jpg

20150927_120637.jpg

20150927_122838.jpg

20150927_120834.jpg

20150927_120739.jpg

20150927_120715.jpg

20150927_120637.jpg

marko

Reaction score
wow lovely caravelle - love to see how it would look with either doba 5 stars or mirada 10 spokes on

i haven't put any of mine away yet, prob do that in november......
we always have mild ( for canada) weather here - got the t-tops off on the mirada today).
and ive got the 77 doba, 78 nyb and the 77 t&c wagon sitting in my driveway.
whats the name of the colour of the caravelle ?

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
wow lovely caravelle - love to see how it would look with either doba 5 stars or mirada 10 spokes on

i haven't put any of mine away yet, prob do that in november......
we always have mild ( for canada) weather here - got the t-tops off on the mirada today).
and ive got the 77 doba, 78 nyb and the 77 t&c wagon sitting in my driveway.
whats the name of the colour of the caravelle ?

Thanks!
It was originally MU3 copper but you have to prime the car red first to get it right. I made a custom mix that's almost the same colour but with way more flake.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Put about 20 or so miles on the car this evening just cruising around here and there. When the winter jacket comes out of storage, the season is coming to an end unfortunately (was 47F w/NW wind at sunset around 6:15 when I got the car out) :sad3: The heater in my car will cook you out no problem but still.....................................

You can tell when you've been putting around too much when it sputters and misses when you stand on it. Fouled plugs or gas in the secondary fuel bowl going stale, or combination of the two is my guess. Couple good WFO's and it's all good again:glasses1:

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

Last edited:
Back