Trailer Trash

kkritsilas

Reaction score
Cap't, don't be silly. Canadians don't wait on any day to have a two four. It is actually the unofficial start of RV/camping season. Originally, it was to commemorate the birthday of Queen Victoria (most of Canada), the longest reigning Queen of England (by extension Canada), and for Quebec, Dollard Des Ormeaux, one of the most famous French Governors of Quebec (because the French Canadians have difficulty in accepting that they are subjects of the British Monarchy).

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Cap't, don't be silly. Canadians don't wait on any day to have a two four. It is actually the unofficial start of RV/camping season. Originally, it was to commemorate the birthday of Queen Victoria (most of Canada), the longest reigning Queen of England (by extension Canada), and for Quebec, Dollard Des Ormeaux, one of the most famous French Governors of Quebec (because the French Canadians have difficulty in accepting that they are subjects of the British Monarchy).

You're absolutely correct about us Canucks not needing any particular reason to "pound back a two four".

I guess what I meant is this is the start of "Olympic" drinking season.

Personally in keeping with the May two four tradition I've been pushing my liver to the brink since I got here. However I'm sure I'm fresh as a daisy this morning compared to my neighbors. :D

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Ehh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy May 24 eh.....

275px-Bob_and_Doug_McKenzie.jpg

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Well.....a damn nice weekend at the trailer. Only thing is goddamn we need some solid rain up there or the farmers are gonna be hurtin.

That being said there's an obvious fire ban on up there so no campfire even in a big ass tire rim.

That's where this little baby comes in.
20160731_110112.jpg

Propane powered. Doesn't touch the ground. Totally legal.

There's a reason for these bans. It's all tinder dry and some inbred would burn the park to the ground if these weren't enforced. So......we're hanging out having some adult beverages at night (okay many)......and I look across the lake not all that far off my land and see not one but two fairly rockin campfires going. So I call the park owner. That didn't go well. He basically blew me off like it was none of my f'n business of mine what he did in his park.

Idiot.

I called the local fire department and had a nice casual chat with him about how much of an issue this was to him.

He sent a pumper over to the site....like within 15 minutes. Instant bummer.

Don't piss around with fire. If it was just him I couldn't care less. But morons usually take prisoners. Not on my watch.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
The Fort Mac fire was due to very dry forest conditions, cause has not been identified, but probably man made. Fire ban was in place; some yahoo probably thought they knew better. Oops.

Strangely enough, Alberta has had constant rain for about a month. Fort Mac, believe it or not, has a flood watch on now. Calgary has had more rain in July than the normal yearly average, including all 10 days of the Stampede. Huniditry has been more like Eastern Canada (40-60% vs. the Normal 25-30%). We were actually predicted to have a water shortage this year, guess they got that wrong.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Yep. This one brainiac park owner thinks he knows better than the fire department and the next thing you've got Fort MacTrailerpark. Screw that. Initially I thought....I don't want to kill these folks night. It wasn't their fault.....the idiot owner told them it was fine. But after seeing how high they were building the fire combined with the owner being a total ass I figured screw this and called. Glad I did.

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Pocono raceway.... a rainy weekend....
My dad and daughter sleeping on the roof of the RV during the truck race.... plenty of time to drink for me.....

IMAG0705.jpg

IMAG0706.jpg

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
That's one of the VERY few times she wears matching socks.... IDK, must me the new fashion statement...... lol
Her sleeping was pre-Seagram's induced. Lol, post Seagram's was non stop Chuckles and laughter!!
What happens in the Poconos.....
Stays in the Poconos... !!

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score
Cheers Capt!! I was gonna go to Watkins Glen this weekend but my liver and credit card sure could use a break.....

Back