what the hell is that noise?

Camtron

Reaction score
…go 15x8s, throw some 245/60s on it. That extra bit of traction could save your life, lol

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
i recall reading on summit racing reviews, dog dishes don't fit? anyone have experience with these. sure i have a set of real ones but they're on a car already and i don't feel like having it sit on cinderblocks pissing off the HOA even more

Ele115

Reaction score
Tony would have the real (used) ones and not kill you for them. They would obviously fit. If you cant find them locally go to him. I get a ton of used stuff from him. He's not cheap but fair. The Wuhan ones look hokey, they are chrome plated and rust right away.

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
Tony would have the real (used) ones and not kill you for them. They would obviously fit. If you cant find them locally go to him. I get a ton of used stuff from him. He's not cheap but fair. The Wuhan ones look hokey, they are chrome plated and rust right away.
good to know, thanks.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Are you talking about the center caps? Tony is $95 for a police set. I've seen them as low as $60 a set on ebay in the last year.

Wheel Vintques claimed to be made in USA. The reviews seem to be a mixed bag though. I did some digging and the major problem seems to be there are only 3 nubs for the center caps. Factory was 4 nubs. Link: Dog dish hub caps

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
i have plenty of holed dog dishes but i'm looking for the actual cop style rims. i could take them off my parts car but i don't feel like going through the hastle putting that car on cinder blocks having all 4 rims off and restoring those rims and then going back and putting my current rims back on it as i don't have a junk pair of rims to replace the ones i took off so it'd have to sit on cinderblocks for a while. one car is on soft ground and gravel smooshed between 2 other cars, the other on pavement on a slight incline with a bitchy HOA. i'd feel unsafe in both instances taking all 4 off. it'd be the first time i'd done so. i think i'd rather pay up for brand new rims. opinions on these? Mopar 15x7 Police Cop Car Rally Wheels Rims Dodge Plymouth Set of 4 Complete | eBay

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
i have plenty of holed dog dishes but i'm looking for the actual cop style rims. i could take them off my parts car but i don't feel like going through the hastle putting that car on cinder blocks having all 4 rims off and restoring those rims and then going back and putting my current rims back on it as i don't have a junk pair of rims to replace the ones i took off so it'd have to sit on cinderblocks for a while. one car is on soft ground and gravel smooshed between 2 other cars, the other on pavement on a slight incline with a bitchy HOA. i'd feel unsafe in both instances taking all 4 off. it'd be the first time i'd done so. i think i'd rather pay up for brand new rims. opinions on these? Mopar 15x7 Police Cop Car Rally Wheels Rims Dodge Plymouth Set of 4 Complete | eBay
Overpriced. Try Marketplace. Try the other Mopar sites too someone might have some near you

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
these look legit?
or should i just bite the bullet and just take the ones off my parts car? i don't really mind spending, getting brand new ones. jacking the car up on all 4s really scares me

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Those are way down in Georgia and it says local pickup only. Try calling around some junkyards. Try craigslist or looking for some old ford rims and swap the ford rims, one at a time, with the rims off one of the parts cars. Or if you find a good ford set with good tires just run those until you find a good set of mopar wheels

Edit: road trip! Wheels

Last edited:

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
Summit, Classic, Jegs, etc all sell the Wheel Vintique series 69 reproduction. I have the 15x8s on the back of my car.
i was checking those out. just wondering about the reviews i seen where some say dog dishes don't stay on

Ele115

Reaction score
I have seen some wheel vintiques that wont balance unless you put weights 2/3 of the way around the rim. Summit will allow returns, but be careful. I have seen a few like that now. I am not about to buy one just to have to send one or two back after painting them and trying to balance them.

SonOfaTomP

Reaction score
welp, Taxiclaus came early this year. i decided to bite the bullet and get the thousand buck rims. i won't cry over it. saves me a lot of effort. gonna get some goodyear RSAs for that real cop look too. they used RSAs in the 80s too right? i'm sure i can make my money back selling a bunch of the junk i've amazed. Who wants some Plymouth fenders? who needs a door? come on down, to Balti-More!

Reggie

Reaction score
Soooo. i ran my car into a curb this night and bent the hell out of my rim. Prius wouldn't move at a stop sign even though no one was coming and instead of doing the smart thing of a friendly "beep" what do i do? mash the gas around him on a slick wet road. So the ass swung out and i thankfully prevented myself from ollieing on the concrete median but i then swung the other way right onto a curb, hubcaps flying. I'd been wanting to get rid of my civ rims anyways, so i guess its a good a time as any to ask. who makes the better police style rim? Classics Industries or Summit? always remember. its never worth getting mad on the road.

View attachment 52169

View attachment 52170
Is this TomP from Farleys?!!

I have a set of four police rims that are yours on the house if you want them. Let me know

Reggie

Back