Wheel hop

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
This is a non-police shackle (from my '86 Fifth Ave).
20160703_000014.jpg

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Did you order Calverts complete setup with Caltracks and shocks?

charlesvolare

Reaction score
Got everything installed yesterday and driven it a little. Definitely able to feel the road better now.
IMG_20200421_130652.jpg
IMG_20200421_162444.jpg
IMG_20200421_163523.jpg

I'm keeping an eye on the rear end, the Spartan locker seems a lot louder now. But I did get rid of a lot of rubber and the front spring bushings are solid aluminum so it makes sense that the ratcheting is more prominent inside the car. I'm also thinking I'm hearing a slight tire noise but I'm not sure yet. I've had the rear end up in the air making sure everything is behaving like it should about 3 different times in the last 24 hours and it all seems fine still. I'm planning on rotating tires soon to see if it is just tire noise I'm hearing or something else. I really need new tires anyway.

But it was a pretty straight forward swap and I'm liking how stiff it is now! I wish I had done it earlier.

charlesvolare

Reaction score
And it's still hopping the tires a little at times.... so shock adjustment and pinion snubber is probably going to be next

Last edited:

76Aspen6pk

Reaction score
i got my springs out of general spring very reasonable priced and work great round front bushing instead of oval

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Got everything installed yesterday and driven it a little. Definitely able to feel the road better now.
View attachment 40015 View attachment 40016 View attachment 40017

I'm keeping an eye on the rear end, the Spartan locker seems a lot louder now. But I did get rid of a lot of rubber and the front spring bushings are solid aluminum so it makes sense that the ratcheting is more prominent inside the car. I'm also thinking I'm hearing a slight tire noise but I'm not sure yet. I've had the rear end up in the air making sure everything is behaving like it should about 3 different times in the last 24 hours and it all seems fine still. I'm planning on rotating tires soon to see if it is just tire noise I'm hearing or something else. I really need new tires anyway.

But it was a pretty straight forward swap and I'm liking how stiff it is now! I wish I had done it earlier.
Those springs are made to work with the Caltrack bars, another $400 and you've got something. It will handle all the power you can come up with.

Back