Whining rant on price$

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
how would you know ??? you aint been watching ,lmfao ,like for instance theres a new series thats following the 2 dudes around looking for the remains of GIANTS ,yep giants use to walk the earth says this dude ,thats some quality viewing right there :hiding:

I rest my case.....

slant6billy

Reaction score
TV shows that actually give info or show "How to" are actually worth it. Youtube has many "how to". The hype of selling and flipping cars is the devil. Remember the housing debacle from 10 years ago. People bought houses and the Realtors and mortgage commission types took there greed and everybody got paid up the way. Now the price of crap houses is through the roof. My kids watch some show called "treehouse master". The rich aholes have enough extra disposable cash to pay 50 grand to build over the top tree houses. I have to explain to my kids that it is fake and folks don't really do things that vain and selfish. I have a friend with a 70 cuda with a 4speed and a ralley dash. The thing is cherry. HE DON'T DRIVE IT!. Forget that. I get more enjoyment out of thrashing on my Volare than anything right now. Plus, since having it out as of Oct 31st, it gets just due respect from all other drivers. There is hope. As I waited for my kid at school yesterday, the granny next to my van was told by her grandkid, " I want a car like that..... that is neat.... what is that?" Folks I was in my 1995 wannabe street van, with the cragars, wheel flairs and glasspacks. It seems is a sea of jellybeancars and crossover spaded SUVs, a unique cool ride still stands out. Just wait until spring, Volare has carpool duty- SWEET!

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
why,,,, was it that tired????.,.,.,.,.,., lol

That's not what I meant....

90682_1226938757088_433_300.jpg

TV shows that actually give info or show "How to" are actually worth it. Youtube has many "how to". The hype of selling and flipping cars is the devil. Remember the housing debacle from 10 years ago. People bought houses and the Realtors and mortgage commission types took there greed and everybody got paid up the way. Now the price of crap houses is through the roof. My kids watch some show called "treehouse master". The rich aholes have enough extra disposable cash to pay 50 grand to build over the top tree houses. I have to explain to my kids that it is fake and folks don't really do things that vain and selfish. I have a friend with a 70 cuda with a 4speed and a ralley dash. The thing is cherry. HE DON'T DRIVE IT!. Forget that. I get more enjoyment out of thrashing on my Volare than anything right now. Plus, since having it out as of Oct 31st, it gets just due respect from all other drivers. There is hope. As I waited for my kid at school yesterday, the granny next to my van was told by her grandkid, " I want a car like that..... that is neat.... what is that?" Folks I was in my 1995 wannabe street van, with the cragars, wheel flairs and glasspacks. It seems is a sea of jellybeancars and crossover spaded SUVs, a unique cool ride still stands out. Just wait until spring, Volare has carpool duty- SWEET!

I hear you man....
Never understood dumping piles of money into a car only to transform it from a car to an trophy you're terrified to drive.
On the cool factor.....I have kids rubber necking all the time in either of my three. Even the Fifth....had a very cute girl I know from the beer store staring at it and I said hi.....she looked and said "Oh.....I didn't even know it was you.....I was checking out your car....it's so cool." The Volare I got for the wife and she tromps it pretty good. But the Caravelle and the Fifth I drive 'em like I stole 'em......

90682_1226938757088_433_300.jpg

greymouser7

Reaction score
.she looked and said "Oh.....I didn't even know it was you.....I was checking out your car....it's so cool." The Volare I got for the wife and she tromps it pretty good. But the Caravelle and the Fifth I drive 'em like I stole 'em......

I have a friend with a 70 cuda with a 4speed and a ralley dash. The thing is cherry. HE DON'T DRIVE IT!. Forget that. I get more enjoyment out of thrashing on my Volare than anything right now. Plus, since having it out as of Oct 31st, it gets just due respect from all other drivers. There is hope. As I waited for my kid at school yesterday, the granny next to my van was told by her grandkid, " I want a car like that..... that is neat.... what is that?" Folks I was in my 1995 wannabe street van, with the cragars, wheel flairs and glasspacks. It seems is a sea of jellybeancars and crossover spaded SUVs, a unique cool ride still stands out. Just wait until spring, Volare has carpool duty- SWEET!

I think I am becoming prejudice-It seems like all Canadians are cooler than cool. -probably especially now.

------- ----------------- -------------- ----- -------------- ----------------

i wouldent even have given this a second look but seeing as werer ranting on prices ,check this out ,ha ha ha ha
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Aspen...Parts_Accessories&hash=item259cd8b6fc&vxp=mtr

I bought that same exact piece for $12. Set it in my parts for later, forgot about it. Rich pointed it out to me.

slant6billy

Reaction score
Don't know if I'm cool. I just need to be able to find my ride in the parking lot. Usually it is something from the pentastar family, that has been perverted with really wide tires on a set of cragars or Keystones or Ansens. It sounds ass backwards, but I may buy a set of mags before I buy my next plymouth......... I've got real issues guys. Hell, my wife buys shoes before she buys the outfit........ That's the argument I use on her.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
don't know if i'm cool. I just need to be able to find my ride in the parking lot. Usually it is something from the pentastar family, that has been perverted with really wide tires on a set of cragars or keystones or ansens. It sounds ass backwards, but i may buy a set of mags before i buy my next plymouth......... I've got real issues guys. Hell, my wife buys shoes before she buys the outfit........ That's the argument i use on her.

That's freaking funny!!

9secRR

Reaction score
I have thought about selling my R/T. no time to race, kids are getting into sports, and work is always a factor. I have a ton of $$$$ in my car. being from Canada makes it worse. when I starting building my car, Canadian $ was at .70 cents to US $1. I have spent over $30,000 in the last 8 years getting my car to where it is today.

what could I get for it now? interior is almost mint, body is almost mint, runs very hard (650 hp). I don't even want to guess what people would want to pay. all they see is the year, 1979 and say $1000. this is the honest truth. to me it's worth a lot, but to mopar people, it's not worth a penny. a,b,e bodys gets all the love and that is a shame.

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
its usually cheaper to buy a car off a guy who has sunk all his money in it like you say 30 k into it and may pull 10k out of it on a great day ,,and thats a bloody shame but one has to remember that all the fun of building and finding the parts etc is now gone as its a finished car so the new owner gets the deal ,,this is why blue will always be mine and never for sale ,i feel lucky just to own a piece of old school iron period!! not a tin can bubble car im about 10 k into her and thats what shes valued for insurance and replacement as so im ok with that

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I have thought about selling my R/T. no time to race, kids are getting into sports, and work is always a factor. I have a ton of $$$$ in my car. being from Canada makes it worse. when I starting building my car, Canadian $ was at .70 cents to US $1. I have spent over $30,000 in the last 8 years getting my car to where it is today.

what could I get for it now? interior is almost mint, body is almost mint, runs very hard (650 hp). I don't even want to guess what people would want to pay. all they see is the year, 1979 and say $1000. this is the honest truth. to me it's worth a lot, but to mopar people, it's not worth a penny. a,b,e bodys gets all the love and that is a shame.

That's true....
But if you want to know lack of respect I think M bodies take it. My Caravelle....as much as I personally love it is worth squat on the Mopar market. I have nothing like you have into it but still when all is done I'd guess $12,000.....in a sellers market I'll never see it again.

Your car is an animal and does have THAT going for it. My Caravelle? A stripper Plymouth with bench seats and a slant?
Doesn't even register on the Mopar buyers radar.

No respect I tell ya....

rodney_dangerfield.jpg

rodney_dangerfield.jpg

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
gas rant ,,it was $1.39.9 a liter 2 months ago ,,and today its only 89.9 cents a liter ,,:) yee haa !!! time to fill up

greymouser7

Reaction score
I have thought about selling my R/T...I don't even want to guess what people would want to pay. all they see is the year, 1979 and say $1000. this is the honest truth.

In the name of Maple syrup, plaid shirts, and the holy moose knuckle DON'T SELL YOUR CAR!!! :thatswck: :thatswck:

We will all regret it-especially you! You just don't sell something that cannot recoup a substantial percentage of value when it's value (to you) is SO substantial.-I know that came out weak. Please don't do it. Not even to me. If you had to, moth-ball it in your garage.

I would be (and I hope you too) much more relieved-you would not have that sinking-feeling-of-regret that would stay with you every time that you got into a vehicle or saw a hot rod.

If YOU REALLY HAD TO, sell the motor on FABO or the web to pay for whatever bills become priority. I would have Captain or Billy hold it for you before you sold it.

Just my -not-so-humble request.

gas rant ,,it was $1.39.9 a liter 2 months ago ,,and today its only 89.9 cents a liter ,,:) yee haa !!! time to fill up

Brother, I am glad that you don't have any worries. :)

Last edited:
Back