You Don't See This Everyday

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
First bite hits your molars, & your eyeballs do the Texas two-step! Then your saliva glands go to battle with the sugar coated sugar bla, bla, bla, trying to get that concoction to slide down your throat. Before you know it, six donuts are gone, & the chocolate icing all over your mouth looks like you just tossed someone's salad! Then it hits the gut! You can actually feel your arteries clogging, & your bowels obstructing! Ring a bell?

It's all coming back to me now.....sounds very familiar.
I seem to recall my molars exploding.....

tim berry

Reaction score
I'm glad you guys can get good coffee around here it dunkin doughnuts their coffee is the worst putrid stuff known to man.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I'm glad you guys can get good coffee around here it dunkin doughnuts their coffee is the worst putrid stuff known to man.

Sounds like a chain up here called Coffee Time
I swear it's made with dish water and rung out work socks with a slight coffee aroma.

That's one of the reasons we go to Timmy's..

Last edited:

My imp

Reaction score
I only drink Lavazza brand espresso in the black, or gold (preferred) can. Now Kuerig is making a machine just for that! Their regular coffee is $.75 a cup (wrung out dish rag blend), I can only imagine what Lavazza costs per cup! But I could go for a couple KK'S Bavarian Kreams right about now!

ramenth

Reaction score
For those in the US, Tim Horton's is not a coffee shop, its a religion. Those coffee shops are all places of worship. I'm not a coffee drinker, but they do make great doughnuts. Much better than the highly over-rated Krispy Kreme doughnuts that I had at one time, and that were touted as the be all and end all of doughnuts. The local Krispy Kreme franchises have closed, but Tim Horton's stores seem to be multiplying.

Kostas

We have a grocery store chain here in NY called Tops that sells Tim Hortons at the deli. The chain stores tend to be located in Western NY up in the Rochester and Buffalo areas.

Again, it's hit and miss depending on who makes the coffee. If a coffee drinker is making it, then it tastes fine. If a non-coffee drinker is making it, then it's nothing more than piss water.

Last edited:

My imp

Reaction score
Good point. I tried running Lavazza Gold through a plain Kuerig coffee maker, & while good, it definitely wasn't the same. If anyone has an espresso maker, try the Lavazza Gold or Black can espresso roast. A little heaven on earth. Sounds stupid, but I can't drink "regular" coffee. It makes me jumpy, irratable, makes me have to piss like a race horse. But I can drink espresso like its water & never bothers me? Does Hortons come in can or bag? PM me for a swap. Lavazza comes both ways. If you can find the vacuum sealed "bricks", you're better off, as they only give you half a can, while a brick will fill a can.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
We have a grocery store chain here in NY called Tops that sells Tim Hortons at the deli. The chain stores tend to be located in Western NY up in the Rochester and Buffalo areas.

Again, it's hit and miss depending on who makes the coffee. If a coffee drinker is making it, then it tastes fine. If a non-coffee drinker is making it, then it's nothing more than piss water.

Non coffee drinkers never make it strong enough...

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
A few more random Mopar sightings.....
Was having a slab of pizza for lunch by my work and what rolls by?.....

index-16.jpg

index-16.jpg

Mr C

Reaction score
I don't know...for a thread called "Don't see this every day", it seems to happen to you a fair bit. Nice. That only happens for me if I go to a car show...I never stumble across "oldies" in day to day life.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I don't know...for a thread called "Don't see this every day", it seems to happen to you a fair bit. Nice. That only happens for me if I go to a car show...I never stumble across "oldies" in day to day life.

I might be Mopar hypersensitive. :toothy12:
If I see one anywhere I usually get a pic....
Locally I know of maybe five tops but from what I hear that's more than a lot of people see anymore.

8v-of-fury

Reaction score
I think he said he was hitting 120+ mph on the dyno in 4th gear without pushing more than 4500. The engine and fueling are set to provide power to a redline of 6000.

alf44

Reaction score
when the omni-horizon came out they could be had with V W engines, i think they were 1.7L ?or was that 1.3L?

alf44

Reaction score
the omni was a cool car,,but the omni GLH and GLHS were BAD ASS cars-2.2L turbo and intercooled little beast

Back