Your best Craigslist scammers

Greg55_99

Reaction score
Yes, I post stuff and have sold stuff via Craigslist. For the most part, it works pretty well. However, the level of scammers seems to have grown exponentially. The last three times I've posted parts, I've gotten scam replies. This one is my latest. Took all of 58 minutes to get a scam reply.

On Sunday, October 7, 2018, 10:26:14 AM EDT, craigslist <ea9839685bae3bb397baee08a5704a60@reply.craigslist.org> wrote:
Is it still available?
What do you owner?
Send your last price to my e-mail nanceglenn2@ gmail .com
If I go out, leave a message.
I don't check craigslist Reply mail. lol. Most of them are fake.

Of course, realizing it was a scam (at least 90% sure), I replied anyway but did not include any personal information. The second reply:

Thanks for your response, I'm ok with the asking price and the description stated so I would like to send payment asap to you via USPS Next Day Air from my bank. Please let me know if a certified check or cashier check is ok.. After my check clears my Mover will come and pick it up at your location... I would have come and take a look of it but I can't... My business trip come earlier than I plan. If you can get back to me with your info below...I'll mail the check out asap. Need your FULL NAME to write on the check and FULL ADDRESS with Apt#/suite # ,Your Cell Number ..... to mail the check out asap. Thank You can also text me the info 601 XXX-XXXX

So, faster than the speed of heat, this is what you get. Be aware. Anybody else got a good one to share?

Greg

Poly

Reaction score
Greg, we do "phone calls only" on craigslist because it's a part-time job going
through all the scam emails. Even then it gets weird sometimes.

Greg55_99

Reaction score
I've also done the phone call thingie, but, I started getting text versions of the same scam on my cell phone.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I like how you say NO text and that's all they do.

Last edited:

volare 77

Reaction score
I gave up on craigslist a long time ago because of all the BS. Hell I`ll throw some crap away before i will bother with some of those people anymore.

Poly

Reaction score
We use the Voice over the Internet phone for alot of stuff. There's no texting accepted and it's on or off with the router.

Some of the best calls have been:

(gasp) You're 20 miles away(gasp)...

I'll take it but I don't like the color...

Subtract my transportation costs...

Back