76 Aspen R/T

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
Do you have any track time with that beast?

No not yet, I wanted to get the frame tied before I get too radical with it. I think I was losing a lot of my torque to flex so I will let you all know if there is a big diference when I am done. I have had the connectors laying in the trunk for a year now just hadn't put em in.

Also the car currently has an A833OD tranny and 3.91's and the gears are spaced too far apart for me. First is super low and then there is a big gap to 2nd and again to 3rd. I am gonna swap to a regular cast iron A-Body A833 and 4.10s and try that...

And thanks for all of the compliments guys! This car has come a loooong way...

efriedrich

Reaction score
What all was involved with swapping in the 8.75, can it be done by simply swapping components or was there some welding involved. I want to do the swap but I dint want to mess around with any welding but turning wrenches is no problem.

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
What all was involved with swapping in the 8.75, can it be done by simply swapping components or was there some welding involved. I want to do the swap but I dint want to mess around with any welding but turning wrenches is no problem.

Well if you get a 68-70 b-body rear the spring perches are very close. You can spread the springs far enough to put it together (it's like 1/4").

However, the early cars have a small hole in the perch for the center pin, as the newer cars like ours have a large hole for the iso-clamp springs. To run your factory leaf springs you will have to enlarge this hole to well over an inch...

I went with mopar performance super stock springs for an a-body so i had to buy the adapter brackets from mancini and i am running b body shock mount plates (no iso-clamp).

I guess it all just depends upon how far you wanna go with it. Since I bought the ss springs i bought new perches and welded on my b body 8 3/4 in the correct location. If i wasnt posting this on my phone i could provide some pics lol

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
Well it did have 15x8" cragars on the ass and 15x7" on the front, with 255/60-15's on the rear and 235-60-15's on the front. It now has 15x8 Rallye wheels on the back and 15x7 rallye wheels on the front with the same size tires it had before I just bought new ones.

It took me forever to decide what wheels to go with I even had a thread on here asking opinions..

Rallyes.jpg
Rallyescenter.jpg

I haven't been on here for a while but this is where it is. I haven't bought centers or trim rings yet, I put one 1970 center I had on it to see if I liked it.

Rallyescenter.jpg

Rallyes.jpg

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
New radiator I got for it. I need to polish it I am not happy with the finish as it sits and I trimmed the brackets some but other than that it looks pretty good...
Radiator.jpg
radiatorincar.jpg

-Kenny

radiatorincar.jpg

Radiator.jpg

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
Yeeeeep sure is. Not a bad radiator, needs some polishing to be up to my standards....

Still not a bad deal, shipped to my house for $229.

-Kenny

Last edited:

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
I got a small buffing wheel with white rouge to buff out aluminum at Sears. It attaches to a drill.

Yea that is kindof what I am using, just a step up. I ordered a whole set of em from eastwood with like 5 different compounds. I have straight ones, cone shaped ones, ball shaped ones lol

I am running them in an air grinder it is working great. I have sooo much damn polished aluminum on this car now I needed something.

These compounds are the way to go too. If I go through the process ending with white or blue compound, and then try ANYTHING else, mothers, white diamonds, it scratches it. I never thought it would work as well as it does....

-Kenny

aspen77rt

Reaction score
Well it did have 15x8" cragars on the ass and 15x7" on the front, with 255/60-15's on the rear and 235-60-15's on the front. It now has 15x8 Rallye wheels on the back and 15x7 rallye wheels on the front with the same size tires it had before I just bought new ones.

It took me forever to decide what wheels to go with I even had a thread on here asking opinions..

I haven't been on here for a while but this is where it is. I haven't bought centers or trim rings yet, I put one 1970 center I had on it to see if I liked it.

Thanks for the info. Those ralleys look good. Man do i have a soft spot for those cragers.

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
I did like the Cragars too but they just got old. They had been on there since 2007 and I was ready for a change, plus they were starting to pit. The chrome is soooo thin on the new chinese cragars that polishing them by hand with metal polish will go through it.

-Kenny

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
Well it has been a while since I touched it but I have been hitting the car hard the past week. Spring will be here soon.
engine bay.jpg

engine bay2.jpg

This thing used to be all stock under the hood, and it all changed just because I didn't want to paint my heads lol

Electric fan and Wilwood master cylinder are next.

-Kenny

engine bay.jpg

engine bay2.jpg

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
Billet alternator brackets and pulleys and a Tuff Stuff 100 amp alternator...
brackets.jpg

Noone makes polished fender braces for a lowly Aspen so I made some myself.
braces.jpg

brackets.jpg

braces.jpg

Back