76 Aspen R/T

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
Not to sidetrack your thread, but give you the short version of my “adventures”. I was an Airborne Computer Tech for AWACS radar planes from 1984-94. In 1985 (when you were still in diapers) I was sent to Kadena Air Base in Okinawa. Starting in 85 to 89, I was back and forth from Kadena to Clark in support of Cope Thunder exercises. Also, whenever typhoons came into Okinawa, the aircraft would be evacuated to Clark as a precaution. So, I did a LOT of time at Clark during the “People Power Revolution” and the following years until Mount Pinatubo shut the good times down forever. In truth, I’m thankful I was never stationed there. Like they say “Everybody wants to go to Disneyland…. But nobody wants to live there…”. One too many San Miguel’s and getting broke from “bar fines” burned me out. I’m MUCH older and wiser now… :)

Greg

LOL yea I was very young and we were out before the volcano erupted. I think the folks liked it ok over there after they got used to it. My little brother was actually born there. One day the R/T broke down on the old man ON BASE and he had to leave it overnight. When dad went back the next day his wheels and tires were gone, door glass was busted and they took his stereo. He said they didn't even use a jack just jerked em out from under the car. lol I guess they jumped the fence. Dad has a ton of stories from over there, he had a few mopar buddies it was strange how many cool mopars were actually in the Philiphines.

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
Been working on her again

New pinion yoke, went with a billet 1350 with u bolts, almost $200 but I have broke 2 mopar factory 7260's and I like overkill lol
4.jpg

3.jpg

And here is the front, a 1330 series Spicer I found on Ebay for $25, fits the 904 and as I just recently learned 78 and up 833's lol
1.jpg

Gonna order a custom built aluminum driveshaft this week with solid joints, 1330 front and a 1350 in the rear.

-Kenny

4.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
Got the exa-haust done and back under the car...
2.jpg

Frame connectors etc. painted back up..
7.jpg

-Kenny

2.jpg

7.jpg

Erics5th

Reaction score
Hell of a nice car. Your dad and family ever make it to Travis AFB? I was stationed there from 90-94, in POL. I remember when Clark closed. Got a lot of family's coming through.

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
No Eric we were done in 86, we were actually out and back to the states before the volcano erupted.

-Kenny

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
IMG_9968.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_2730.jpg

Carpeted my trunk. I got the plastic trunk dress up pieces out of another R/T along with my fold down rear seat. I am not carrying a spare so I made a plywood cover for the well and I keep my cleaning products in there lol.

-Kenny

IMG_9968.jpg

IMG_2730.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
New powdercoated booster and master cylinder. This is the Ebay special kit for b/e bodies. I am happy with it, the 8" booster gives me waaaaaay more room to get the valve cover off the drivers side plus it all looks better. cost me $329 to the door.

engine.jpg

booster.jpg

engine.jpg

booster.jpg

Back