CL ads that make you almost laugh

Aspen500

Reaction score
I've never listed anything on CL and have bought only one thing from a CL ad, my Mustang, and that was local. I'd NEVER buy anything without seeing it first in person and talking to the owner face to face, especially a car from CL (or Ebay, or fill in the blank).

Love that lawnmower ad!

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Although I dont drink alot of soda, maybe 3-4 cans a week I had at one time about 5 years worth bagged up and had them in the Free section on my local CL. Since I live in the sticks I ended up paying one guy $20 to come and get them.

But it was worth it to me. I see some farmers around here that bury everything, even whole buildings they doze down but I just cant do that.

I list a few things from time to time with nearly no replies at all because no one wants to drive a couple hours each way.

Trey

Reaction score
That mower ad is hilarious!

I have had real good luck using Craigslist both selling and buying, matter of fact that's how I found our Cordoba. I noticed they have started charging all sellers for car ads now due to the number of dealers posting as owners so they get around the fees.

Duke5A

Reaction score
Craigslist has been great for me. Bought my 518, 400 block and Dana 60 all of off there. Sold a fair amount of stuff too. Sure, you have to dodge the occasional tranny hooker trying to mug you, but you learn how to spot them coming after the third or fourth time.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve made a lot of transactions on CL, and only had one issue.
October last year, I was looking for a replacement minivan for one that got totaled. I found one “at a very good price”. It ended up they wanted payment to get it out of eBay, so they could sell it on CL (or something along on that line – I forgot the exact details). Once I heard that, the line went click (on my end).
BudW

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I just remember the 100 mile takeoff tires that were bald when I went to look at them.

Aspen500

Reaction score
SixBanger, LOL! Speaking of Ford's,,,,,,,,,,,,,,guess I did sell one thing on CL and that was the old bumper cover and grille from my Mustang, when I bought a new one and also installed the Pony grille's and fog lights. Wasn't out to make money (asked $50) just wanted it gone and hated to toss it. A guy from Appleton (like 100 miles away) wanted to buy it but he wasn't sure when he'd be able to get up here and asked if I would hold it for him (hold the bumper, not "it", lol). What the heck, I'll trust him, hi email didn't send up any red flags. Every so often he emailed saying he still wanted it and if I was still OK keeping it. About 4 months went by and he emailed saying he could be there Saturday around noon and was coming to get it and, sure enough, he showed up right on time with cash in hand.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Uncle Tony is so smart hes not figured out the detriment of smoking cigs. His vids might impress the "Lets grab a carton of cigs and a case of beer" crowd but not everyone is not like that.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
In one of his vids on drag racing he says to drill an 1/8" hole in the front shocks and let the fluid out. Wait till one of his 16 year old audience piles up there car after doing that and he has a parent come after him.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
They might have been taken off at a 100 miles but they were put on something else for seven years.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I don't know why some people can't just describe the item honestly. Don't they know once someone goes to look at whatever it is, they'll see it was all a lie and walk away.
When I listed my Mustang bumper, I made sure to say it had a crack in the lower part. the paint was horrible (it had an auto auction bumper repaint at some point I think) and the lower lip was missing and, posted close up pictures of everything so any potential buyer would know EXACTLY what they were getting. Darn parents raised me to be honest, what were they thinking? LOL!

SixBanger

Reaction score
Xfbodyx, I agree he seems to show that he know everything. And seems like the cig down to the filter glued to the fingers. But at the end it is just and youtuber. Some vids I like to just watch for fun and some info.

If possible I like working alone or with mates on projects with enjoy the crate of beer and good music.
Couple of years ago we bought a motorcycle from an old colleague for a few crates of beer. A few weekends later completely pulled apart and got running again.

And about the red flags ect. It is just what you want, available and can buy of a classic car. One reason I like oldtimer cars/bikes is the opportunity to try make it your own and get some make skills while working on it. But someone like to buy a shinny new or restored one, I am fine with it.

Cheers

Aspen500

Reaction score
The ad text says "There is rust". Well, thank you Mr. Obvious! lol
2000 DODGE NEON ES 4 CYLINDER 5 speed GREAT CHEAP COMMUTER CAR 32MPG
neon.jpg

Oldiron440

Reaction score
With no build sheet or fender tag how do you know it was air grabber car?

Trey

Reaction score
Strange that the Roadrunner is listed in Eau Claire WI craigslist but the location says Hartville MO, which is only about a 45 minute drive from me.

My old boss had a '70 Roadrunner that he'd had since high school. The only thing I ever saw him do with the car was spend lots of money on it. He'd get it running for a little while, burn the back tires off and then park it for awhile and take it apart again.

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Very rare to find a air grabber on a 70 runner that was a std 383 car, no signs of any AG stuff on the underhood shot, no AG vac switch on the interior shot.

Might of been a hot runner in its day, a nice mag, a reverse lockout shifter.

Probably been dead a long long time, cali blue plates, probably still a cali title.

That neon looks crazy, never knew they could rust that bad if not soaked in a salt water pool.

Back