CL ads that make you almost laugh

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
It could be his version of air grabber is different than what everyone else’s version what an air grabber is.
I’m thinking the ’70 Hood had a bulge for the trap door. A picture of bottom side of hood would answer a few questions – but without the intact hood and related parts, I wouldn’t mention air grabber.
BudW

XfbodyX

Reaction score
All 70 runners had the buldge, the AG cars just had the rest of the work done, just like the 71 AG/Ramcharger hooded cars.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Very rare to find a air grabber on a 70 runner that was a std 383 car, no signs of any AG stuff on the underhood shot, no AG vac switch on the interior shot.

Might of been a hot runner in its day, a nice mag, a reverse lockout shifter.

Probably been dead a long long time, cali blue plates, probably still a cali title.

That neon looks crazy, never knew they could rust that bad if not soaked in a salt water pool.

Actually, that Neon is rusted LESS than most still on the road around here, which isn't many. 95% of them rotted so bad they were undriveable years ago already. When I post things about the rust we have to deal with, I'm not joking or exaggerating.:eek:

The guy wants $10K for the Roadrunner which given the condition, is just a tad optimistic for what was a standard 383 car. It looks to need a complete, tear down to bare shell restoration just to make it driveable. I'd be leery of the underside, given it's sunk in the mud and been sitting there for who knows how long.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
All 70 runners had the buldge, the AG cars just had the rest of the work done, just like the 71 AG/Ramcharger hooded cars.
Nice to know.
I've had my share of B-bodies but not an expert (nor do I hang out at forbbodiesonly.com).

Greg55_99

Reaction score
00u0u_b6yE7oTMzHe_1200x900.jpg

2012 Dodge Chargermino

Well, you don't see one of these everyday.

Greg

Greg55_99

Reaction score
Look at it this way. If you were a REAL Mopar Guy, and you kicked off, shouldn't the last car that takes you to the graveyard be a fast Dodge? That thing would take a casket real nice, don't you think?

Greg

old yellow 78

Reaction score
Well....it's interesting, and they sure put a lot of work into it. Not really sure what they were going for though. It doesn't look like the "trunk" area was expanded at all, so... what's in the middle? Empty space? It would turn heads at least I think. Might have been better off converting it into a non-converting convertible. :p

Oldiron440

Reaction score
Most customs are a wtf in my opinion.
Now if he would have airbrushed naked women on it like the 70s vans had that would be cool. lol

Aspen500

Reaction score
To each their own, right? JMO, it would look better if the back end was actually like an El,,,I mean Ranch,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I mean RAMPAGE.
I remember seeing a few years ago an early 2000's Crown Vic WAGON. Except Ford never built such a thing. It looked bone stock. I had to ask the guy and he said he had the CV with trunk and roof damage and a '94 Roadmaster Wagon with the front end smashed. One night he was looking at both cars and a silly idea popped in his head. He got out the tape measure, pencil and paper and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,next thing you know he was grafting the wagon part of the Buick to the back of the CV. I guess the dimensions were almost the same and it fit together amazingly easy. He even reworked the Buick's cargo area interior panels to graft with the CV. His work was so good, if you didn't know, you'd think it came off the factory assy line built that way. A lot of custom stuff comes about from "I've got this wrecked car, and this wrecked car and if I cut here and weld there...……………." Coolest part was, he wasn't a custom car builder or anything like that. Just a regular guy with a wire feed and some basic bodyworking tools, doing it in his home garage.

Aspen500

Reaction score
Only 178 miles but it's still not worth anywhere near $20K. Maybe they accidentally added one to many zero's?

Trey

Reaction score
Back in '95-'96 my wife and I bought an almost identical '93 Sundance, except it didn't have the extra set of doors. It only had about 17K miles on it and I thought I got a screamin' deal on it. Turns out the car had been in a flood down in LA and the guy I bought it from had brought the car to AR to wash the title, since at that time AR didn't note salvage titles. The salt water wreaked havoc on everything it touched. Not only did it always have electrical issues but it rusted the valve stems, so it burned oil, it had to have the rack replaced because the rusty shaft ate up the seals, I had to replace the trans for the same reason, it even started getting pin holes in the gas tank from the salt water sitting in it so long. I finally sold the car to a guy and disclosed what was wrong and took a loss on it even though I bought it for less than half the book value. You know the old saying - "If it's sounds to good to be true...." I did get a little bit of satisfaction when the FBI called my house wanting to know if I happened to know where the guy was I bought the car from. Apparently he had done this same thing to several people and was in bunch of trouble with the feds. Apologies for the novel, just seeing that car brings up a lot of bad memories.

Darth-Car

Reaction score
$20000, and they do not tell us if that is Canadian, or US money. Why no description? There is some back story there. These vehicles all look like they are sitting outside of some type of garage, or service center. You have to give me some reason to appreciate the 187 miles.

We loved my wife's 90 Sundance. That was before they cheapened the car and advertised it as the lowest priced American car. We had 180000 miles on it when we parted with it. I wanted to keep it and put it in storage, but Momma said we had to many vehicles, and something had to go. I still regret getting rid of that little blue car. Routine maintenance was all it needed.

Back