Driving Requires Attention

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Talking on a phone and texting is 2 different things IMHO.
One is like the CB and the other is like watching a movie.
And there's been plenty of people caught watching movies when the original task was driving.

But still the new jacked up fines don't seem to help.
We had cops riding buses, because now you can look down into the car and see the cell phones.
I heard in the US, cops using big rigs for the same purpose.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
The drunk drivers that have been killing people at alarming rates really 'grinds my gears'.
Should be treated like manslaughter v/s a traffic 'accident'

Guess the drunks never will need a job where you need to be bonded.
Travelling outside Canada must be too over rated, because that's over El Drunky.
Is giving BIG money for insurance like giving big money to the poor?
Good luck with insurance, Drunky.

I'll drive my car in the winter while you are outside.

Aspen500

Reaction score
In this state at least, drive drunk and kill someone, it is considered manslaughter. Kill someone by texting and driving, it CAN be considered manslaughter in certain cases. They (drunks, texters, druggies) can also be charged with vehicular homicide depending on the circumstances. Off the top of my head I know (from the local news) one woman got 15 years as a guest of the state and a $25,000 fine plus court costs for drunk driving and killing the 3 passengers in her car when she went off a curve at what they estimate to be 95 mph. It was her 3rd DUI offense.

A couple years ago 4 teenage girls were killed when the car they were in went off the end of a "T" intersection, went end over end down the rocks and into the lake. The investigation found the driver was texting at the time and according to the data from the air bag module, the car was doing over 50 mph at the time (in a 35 zone). No one to charge with a crime because they all paid the ultimate price. Four young lives snuffed out because they though texting was more important than paying attention to the road. Didn't help either that NONE of them were wearing their seat belts. Whether it would have saved any of them is an unknown since the car was upside down in 15 feet of water but you never know. What a waste...........................That's just 2 out of the 100's of cases in the past few years.

Last edited:

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
I only need a couple weeks for drunk drivers killing people
3 kids and grandpa by a rich guy who has Eddie Greenspan as his lawyer.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/more-t...hildren-grandfather-killed-in-crash-1.2594134

Guy kills a girl walking on the side walk.
http://www.citynews.ca/2015/10/11/uwo-student-dead-after-alleged-impaired-driver-strikes-her/
About a yr before a drunk wrapped his car around a pole in about the same area and killed his buddy.
It's a slow 30mph zone, not the backstretch of Daytona.

And I could list another dozen this summer.

kkritsilas

Reaction score
There was a yahoo in a hotted up Ram 2500 diesel who was caught going 122 Km/H (75 MPH) in a 30 Km/H (18 MPH) zone in Edmonton. Cops were doing the whole speed traps in the school zones sweep, when this guy comes blowing though. Truck impounded, $2000 in fines, lost his driver's license, and is looking at 2 years of jail time, but the court case hasn't come up yet.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
There was a yahoo in a hotted up Ram 2500 diesel who was caught going 122 Km/H (75 MPH) in a 30 Km/H (18 MPH) zone in Edmonton. Cops were doing the whole speed traps in the school zones sweep, when this guy comes blowing though. Truck impounded, $2000 in fines, lost his driver's license, and is looking at 2 years of jail time, but the court case hasn't come up yet.

Hello to insane insurance rates too.
Serves the clown right.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Not sure if a farmer just blew a stop sign or the pocket rocket was moving fast and farmer misread the speed-or both, but the motorcycle and driver ended up in the pick up cab, killing the farmer, flipping the truck.
But the chick on the back ended up wet vac material.

Glad everyone was in a real rush to die.
Could have obeyed or sat at the stop sign 5 seconds longer, but that's 5 seconds I'll never get back.......right?

Police say the bikes were headed west on Wellington Rd. when the pick-up crossed into their path from Ferguson Line. The first motorcycle was able to avoid the crash by swerving, but the second bike slammed into the driver's side of the truck.

The male driver of the pick-up and the male motorcyclist and his female passenger where all pronounced dead at the scene.

Last edited:

kkritsilas

Reaction score
The speeder that was caught in Edmonton really doesn't have to worry about insurance, or his driver's license. He's pretty much limited to walking around in the jailhouse yard for a couple of years. almost guaranteed. The Crown prosecutor was making some noise about having the guy hit with a longer jail term, and losing his license for 10 years.

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
The speeder that was caught in Edmonton really doesn't have to worry about insurance, or his driver's license. He's pretty much limited to walking around in the jailhouse yard for a couple of years. almost guaranteed. the Crown prosecutor was making some noise about having the guy hit with a longer jail term, and losing his license for 10 years.

That's a good thing.
Some of the moves I see going up north every weekend....I'm amazed I've never seen anyone die yet.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Don't you like the ones who think there is a prize to get to the red light first?
The ones on 4 lane roads are funnier.
After all that lane swapping/speeding/cutting people off, I'm passing you on the right hand side at the lights.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Don't you like the ones who think there is a prize to get to the red light first?
The ones on 4 lane roads are funnier.
After all that lane swapping/speeding/cutting people off, I'm passing you on the right hand side at the lights.

I've watched clowns zigzag all over the place almost getting into accidents and then at the lights I'm either beside them, behind them or in front of them. Same with going up north.

Packed highway. I hang in one lane and buddy's all over the place. Then I wave as I pass him cause he's stuck in a lane.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
They're on their brakes a hundred times as they get their 'draft on', meanwhile I never had to touch mine.

I swear I'm gonna see one of these clowns wreck and I'll either slow down and wave at them or get out of my car just to laugh at them.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
My favourite are the morons braking for the imaginary car.
Nobody in front of them but the brake lights keep coming on.
WTF????

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Even our cops still can't drive.

Two OPP officers are charged after remarkably similar but separate crashes in Huron County last week.

In both, three days apart, an officer did a u-turn in his marked cruiser and crashed into an oncoming vehicle, the OPP said in two news releases Monday.

The first collision occurred last Wednesday on Brussels Line in Huron East. The officer had just completed a traffic stop, when he tried to make a u-turn and collided with a southbound vehicle.

“The southbound vehicle rolled and came to rest on its side” after the crash, police said.

Both vehicles were damaged, but neither driver was hurt.

Then, three days later, another officer completed a traffic stop on London Line and tried to make a u-turn. That cruiser also collided with a southbound vehicle.

Once again, the vehicles were damaged but no one was hurt, police said.

Both officers have served with the OPP for just more than a year, according to the OPP.

Both are charged with “start from a stopped position, not in safety,” a Highway Traffic Act offence.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Not even safe from drivers INSIDE a Costco

Ruth Burger, 66, was convicted in June of two counts of dangerous driving causing death and two counts of dangerous driving causing bodily harm for the July 25, 2014, crash that killed Addison Hall, 6, and newborn Rhiannon Bozek.

The children's mother, Danah McKinnon-Bozek, and sister Miah Bozek, then 3, were seriously injured.

The trial focused on how Burger's reversing red Monte Carlo traveled the length of half a football field through a parking lot, between the store's red bollards and smashing into the front doors.

costco.jpg

Back