dusting off my 77 aspen sport project.

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
back seat

well im sure some of u are wondering how i decide what to do next on my car idk how i do either.

so i wanted to start by working under the back seat on the inside and really throughly went through the floors no rust the sponge sander couldnt get rid of...i then finished for the day with primering the key spots(wlds and the lines and behind the back of the back seat).

heres some pics. ill be painting it bedliner (duplicolor)

Picture 521.jpg

Picture 522.jpg

Picture 523.jpg

Picture 524.jpg

Picture 525.jpg

Picture 526.jpg

Picture 527.jpg

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
more pics tonight and i am getting on it. i got the back seat and fold down panels off and primerd and i got some fabric spray paint and shot the carpet on the fold down panels it looks great . getting rid of maroon feels great!

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
well here as promised more pics of some goodies floor looks great and the rest looks good im over all happy besides one run in the clear on 1 part of the back of the back seat.

Picture 529.jpg

Picture 530.jpg

Picture 531.jpg

Picture 532.jpg

Picture 533.jpg

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
back seat ending...rear frame rails starting.

so ive been truckin along on the project it kinda sucks i gotta drive the car evreyday evreywhere so i cant really have much done in a day and put back together but heres the updates...i finished the back seat area and was looking at the boards underneith they look great no pin holes or even surface rust really !!!!! and i was looking at the bedlinerd wheel wells and wanted to get startyed painting the fame rails in the bck anf work my way tothe front i did some painting on the underside so this is just marking off more of all that project.im going with a nice color i like im brushing it on after preping the old undercoating that didnt come off with ease and painted primer today and rustoleum aluminum silver another day i have time.... heres pics

p.s.
im thinking my car is a survivor ....prolly garage kept its whole life.

Picture 535.jpg

Picture 536.jpg

Picture 537.jpg

Picture 538.jpg

Picture 539.jpg

Picture 540.jpg

Last edited:

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
thanks bremereric for the help i got the stuff u showed me and put it on ima paint it black but it looks sloppy original lol.those pics and the frame rails up lkater im having issues with the comp......:naka:

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Last edited:

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
well i got the frame rails from bumber to door jamb (striker) in primer....hopfully weather gets better i can get the silver on . i also finished off the back seat area with brushing on some gloss black over the sealer it looks sharp.

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
brem the pics of the hole im worried is a drain hole.

i noticed the sealer and thought nothing of it when i painted over it im thinking its a drain maybe what do u think?

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 007.jpg

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
I don't have a body book so it would be hard for me to tell whether or not that is a drain hole but very unlikey...take your plastic panels off and have someone spray water on the back and opera windows to see if you can determine where the water is coming from...

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
ill get pics up of what ive been up too lately all i can say is u guys with black interior are lucky its expencive to make it black at least to me....but damn it looks good!
butt part back seat all black gloss,rear side panels same all gloss black except the chrome ashtrays and aluminum silver coat hanger,just today i got my drivers side door panel gloss black but kept the plastic trim and wood peice made the lock colar black.

pic tonight or tomarrow late workday tomarrow so im hangin loose

tonight!:icon_jook:KORBEL brandy!:sunny:

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
here a few pics of what ive been up to latley! and i washed ol rosie up and decided what a time to take a few snap shots.. what u guys think ?

thanks bremereric sem makes good sh!t.....:blob1:

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 009.jpg

Picture 010.jpg

Picture 011.jpg

Picture 012.jpg

Picture 013.jpg

Picture 014.jpg

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
yea im trying to get it all done after work im beat then i force myself to keep going then 3days of doing that thursday and friday i end up falling asleep almost at work lol. ill get more pics as this progresses ill start rotateing pics aswell.

crayzcuda

Reaction score
Wow! Looking really good. You sure have done a lot of work.

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
well i havnt booted this thread up latly where do i start i have stop dooing interior for now was getting old. now i was doing engine work on sunday me and my dad after about a month of me saving or two i finaly got all the things i needed for rosie i got a new hd copper brass radiator thank you bremer,new upper and lower hoses,new 180 tstat,aluminum t stat houseing,new water pump,ex flex a lite tranny cooler,and all new fluid water wetter and 50/50 shes running great ima have to get back to work on the interior soon tho.

while doing this i noticed my car has a oe mopar flex fan .
the po took the tstat out and ran it with no gasket just silicone what an a**hole !

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
so ive been putting in alot of work on the ol aspen latly too dark to take pics i will take a few tomarrow in the light after i finsh the 2'x2' square on the hood left to buff.

after the radiator work i wanted to finish the valve covers so i got the pass side on new gromets and pvc valve shes running good.i have recently been putting my extra time into buffing with no. 7 rubbing compound 26hrs so far after tomarrow be like 27 but she looks really good .

i do have one question its single stage i want to keep it nice as long as i can what should i use next i bought some turtle wax super hard shell wax to put on but som1 told me i should use a polish now what do u guys think?

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Turtle wax no way....first use Mequiar's number 7 Show Car glaze and then follow it with their Mirror Glaze Yellow Wax number 26. Make sure you take several pictures of the big radiator install along with that fan shroud I sold you.

Back