dusting off my 77 aspen sport project.

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
yes outta 80 or 81 diplomat 8 1/4.

now a glaze then a wax kinda broke at the moment meguiars is not cheap either.

and hey turtle wax is good stuff ima take the pics and show ya what it did!
might go buy a glaze and then wax it with the not cheap turtle wax i bought

thanx bremer wanted to know what went b4 the wax and after the rub compound go to the store c how much a glaze is

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
got it done finaly ! srry bout the long wait i buffed the whole thing twice yesterday magauires ultimate polish glaze and the turtle wax carnuba super hardshellby the time i was doneyesterday it was almost darkheres the radiator pics and valve covers and some of the car it kinda looks orange in the pics its bright red i assure u tho

not the best pics of the radiator work but its held in with 4 grade 8 bolts didnt have to move a thing to do this swap all i needed to do was a new flex lower hose and a new standard hose for the the top there cut to fot i sut about 1/2 an inch. lmk if u need any help with this swap can take better pics anytime.

S7301204 (600x450).jpg

S7301203 (600x450).jpg

S7301212 (600x450).jpg

S7301205 (600x450).jpg

S7301206 (600x450).jpg

S7301207 (600x450).jpg

S7301208 (600x450).jpg

S7301209 (600x450).jpg

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
hey guys new update was having some issues with the headlights not coming on or being delayed when pulling the switch figured out lightly touching not turning on the hi beams but jus touching the switch made them come on. pulled the carpet back the other day and was checking out the switch and i found a wire burnt 3inches up it melted the connector the other wires where fine got a new dimmer switch and hi beam button they seam to work now.was wondering what does that purple wire that was burnt go to from the switch?

Greg55_99

Reaction score
Great survivor you've got. If you get the chance, can you throw a tape measure on the front end and tell me the outside tire to outside distance? I'm wondering how wide a front end can be used and still get the tires under the fenders.

Greg

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Great survivor you've got. If you get the chance, can you throw a tape measure on the front end and tell me the outside tire to outside distance? I'm wondering how wide a front end can be used and still get the tires under the fenders.

Greg
I not sure what he runs but my front wheels at 15" with 4.25" backspacing and I fit P245-60-15's under my front fenders.

Greg55_99

Reaction score
I not sure what he runs but my front wheels at 15" with 4.25" backspacing and I fit P245-60-15's under my front fenders.

What I'm curious about is the outside tire to outside tire distance. I'm told the Kit Car's are just at 71.25" with flares. I'd like to know how far you can go without fouling the fender lips.

Greg

Last edited:

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
I now of another person running 255-16-15 on the front...with 4.50" backspacing..he is real close to the upper ball joint but still clears. No way does his tire or mine come close to hitting the outside of the fender.

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
on front im running 215/60/14's front 245/60/14's on the back no rubbing until my back shocks needs a lil pump of air every couple months. dont know what my nback spaceing is there just old ansens

its raining now ill get the measurments when it stops

efriedrich

Reaction score
I like the slots, do they have a center or cone type cover for the hub.

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
been awhile since i updated u guys .....after the whole radiator and cooling system job i found a anti freeze leak.....this last weekend me and my dad went in and got the problem fixed was the freeze plug right next to the oil filter got it out new 1 wala no leak.
on a different note i am having this weird sound co ming from the eng it sounds like my car has a turbo it whisles to the tone of the rpms its weird . anyone got ne suggestions ?

hasnt had ne power loss shes been running great! my studder was the colling system and not having a tstat i concluded.

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
getting more of the frame rails

been awhile since i updated u guys....

all last weekend i was busy with the frame cleanup/paint i got it just the way i thought it would GREAT!
i started out with the ol wire brush on my drill and cleaned the snuff outta it then ospho'ed the whole frame rails up front and then primed. i then sprayed the rubber undercoating on the inside the fender wells then i painted the frame glossy aluminum silver they look great behind the black wells what do u guys think?

1 question as i was cleaning the frame rails there was a flat sqaure peice of metal on the frame next to the upper control and it was painted maroon it looked like it was painted car color did they do that factory?

aspen frame.jpg

aspen frame 2.jpg

aspen frame 3.jpg

aspen frame 4.jpg

77kickinaspen

Reaction score
wow im totaly not doing this project stock i guess lol. ive never seen a undercarriage body color its so weird is urs still that way? my dad said it was probly over spray..

i am now wondering after the whole back is done i dont know what color to paint the k frame either hemi orange or stock engine blue might be to much silver idk might look good silver to i just hope silver frame isnt chebbie thing

Back