Fmj mopar nats gathering

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Went sat. and paid to race. They said I could only race the fun class, no trophy. I said o.k., went through tech and they said I could only run once! I asked for a refund, they said no! Had a 3 day pass, two other tickets for one day and paid extra to race, for one pass! The women running the show said to me "Did anyone promise you more than one run? Did I invite you to run down the track?" All the while she's hold a wad of cash in her hand cause she can't sell t-shirts fast enough. Oh yeah. 5 bucks for a 20 oz soda! Very dissappointed.

kitcar Chris

Reaction score
Went sat. and paid to race. They said I could only race the fun class, no trophy. I said o.k., went through tech and they said I could only run once! I asked for a refund, they said no! Had a 3 day pass, two other tickets for one day and paid extra to race, for one pass! The women running the show said to me "Did anyone promise you more than one run? Did I invite you to run down the track?" All the while she's hold a wad of cash in her hand cause she can't sell t-shirts fast enough. Oh yeah. 5 bucks for a 20 oz soda! Very dissappointed.

Thats why I don't go there. Parts are doubled c
even compared to Carlisle!!
I went in '91 and in 2001, no diff. wont go again

ohiomopar

Reaction score
I went and had a blast. Of course, I haven't even picked up my Mirada yet, so I couldn't take it.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it and the cruising , it's the greedy snob attitude and the bait and switch I could do without.

ohiomopar

Reaction score
I understand that. The show has never been really well run. I would be pissed off with paying out that money for one pass. I think I saw your car in Heath? May have a picture of you cruising it.

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Yeah, the boys and me were cruisin' in Heath. I joked with two officers there. I asked the first one if he had any offers to race? He chuckled and said he would win cause he would just pull me over! I asked the second one how much tire smoke was too much, and he said 5 seconds should be enough! I said that's good, besides, it's for the children!lol

wvdodgemirada

Reaction score
I went as I always do and had a blast, but the Mirada always gives me issues out there. The car needs its 904 rebuilt and had fuel interruption problems all weekend, which I came to find today that the car had a mostly clogged fuel filter.

wvdodgemirada

Reaction score
Some pics.
Mopar Nationals 2013 130.jpg
Mopar Nationals 2013 101.jpg
Mopar Nationals 2013 097.jpg
Mopar Nationals 2013 092.jpg
Mopar Nationals 2013 073.jpg
Mopar Nationals 2013 050.jpg
Mopar Nationals 2013 048.jpg
Mopar Nationals 2013 019.jpg

Mopar Nationals 2013 130.jpg

Mopar Nationals 2013 101.jpg

Mopar Nationals 2013 097.jpg

Mopar Nationals 2013 092.jpg

Mopar Nationals 2013 073.jpg

Mopar Nationals 2013 050.jpg

Mopar Nationals 2013 048.jpg

Mopar Nationals 2013 019.jpg

MiradaMegacab

Reaction score

Was there a tech issue with your car?
Why the one run limit??

ohiomopar

Reaction score
I checked out your car. Sweet ride. Gives me inspiration for my Mirada.
(that was pointed @ wvdodgemirada)

jasperjacko

Reaction score
No tech issue. At the gate they said I had to pre-register for the "trophy class", but I could run in the non-trophy class called the "fun class". They never said it was only for one pass until I paid and went to the tech tent. I thought the web site said I could enter the drags at the gate.Basically I had a 3-day pass to park in the show, two other tickets for the day, and they said the upgraded my 3 day pass to race for an additional 20 bucks. Never told me I got one pass for 20 bucks. I would have "passed' on the pass. Oh well. A lot of cash changing hands down there. My 20 probably went right in someones pocket. Overall it was a good time, but I dropped a lot of money for one day of fun when you add it all up and 2 tanks of premium! lol

ohiomopar

Reaction score
I have a crappy cell picture of your car, but I can't seem to get the website to cooperate on my phone. :cussing:

wvdodgemirada

Reaction score
I was there but I wasn't with my car much except at Heath Friday and Saturday night.

-Kenny
I think you parked near me at the track, close to the staging lanes? If so your car is beautiful, one of the best f-bodies I have seen in person!:thumbsup:

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
I think you parked near me at the track, close to the staging lanes? If so your car is beautiful, one of the best f-bodies I have seen in person!:thumbsup:

Thanks man! Yea on Saturday I was parked backed up against the fence there by the staging lanes in a sea of new Challengers.

Back