Found one!

aspen77rt

Reaction score
Yeah, there's a notch at one end of each shaft that requires a specific orientation.

:laughing4:Im sure Cap't can post up a detailed pic of how to properly install your shaft........

haha.. I know how they go on. I cant claim this other than i didnt recognize it. :toothy12:

CMX360

Reaction score
The colum stalk is the same for M and J. Nice car.

aspen77rt

Reaction score
The colum stalk is the same for M and J. Nice car.

Good news thanks for that.

On another note took it out for test drive. Everything running beautifully. That 625 cfm street demon has great throttle response. Only things I have left, is an air cleaner and rigging the cruise cable.

I'll post a useless vid later.

aspen77rt

Reaction score
A PSA on shaft orientation would be comical!

I hope I didn't offend anyone, that was not my intention.

Not at all here.

Last time I messed with shaft rockers was the H/C/I swap on the '84 w150 in 2001 or so. All magnums or magnum headed LA's since then.

aspen77rt

Reaction score
I love these useless videos!
How's she feel?...

Night and day of course in comparison to the stock intake/2bbl. I like the Street Demon's throttle response with those small primaries. Real nice cruise and no doubt when those big secondaries open on kickdown. It's still running through the stock log manifolds. I'll switch to headman tight tubes in a couple months. I missed Jasper's set of Tight Tubes he was selling by a few weeks...lol.

Topped it with an Edelbrock proflow for now.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Nice....I await the next useless video with headers.
Or maybe the one where you can crack those secondaries open for a bit. :glasses9:

Mopar_Gods

Reaction score
Nice video. Looks like it cruises pretty good to me. Although a little foot metal never hurts Lol:icon_thumright:

aspen77rt

Reaction score
I only tuned the carb by ear. I still need to get a vac gauge on it and also check what the timings set at. I just marked the distributor to block position and reinstalled.

My better half said prior to the swap, "I thought you weren't going to tear it apart." I replied, "An intake/carb swap is not tearing it apart, only tinkering." I got the big rolleyes and head shake, when she saw me carrying the stock 2bbl intake into the garage.

aspen77rt

Reaction score
Spit Balling major parts for the Mirada Plan because I'm bored at work.

Engine (maybe 350ish HP at the crank);
-Block '95 5.2L (core on hand)
-Pistons; KB167
-Heads; Magnum Indy "X" Heads W/ 1.92"
-Mopar M1 Dual Plane (on hand)
-Headman Tight Tubes
-625 cfm Street Demon (on hand)
-MSD Digital 6-Plus
-Custom HR Camshaft: spec TBD (around 212-220 Duration @.50 and around .500ish lift most likely.)

Transmission
-A904 Lock-up w/ shift kit
-Custom Converter from Dynamic

Rearend
-8 1/4 with 2.94 Sure-Grip (inbound)

Suspension
-Solid K-member biscuits
-Rear poly pads
-Bilstein shocks
-New HD leaf
-Lowered

Exhaust
Dual 2.5" (already done)

72Dodge

Reaction score
If you happen to get yours done before mine, it will be interesting to see how it runs, because that's similar-ish to what my first setup will be. Main exception being I have the 302 heads. But same rear with 2.94 Sure Grip, at least until I get the 4.10 8.75 SG rear done.

aspen77rt

Reaction score
If you happen to get yours done before mine, it will be interesting to see how it runs, because that's similar-ish to what my first setup will be. Main exception being I have the 302 heads. But same rear with 2.94 Sure Grip, at least until I get the 4.10 8.75 SG rear done.

I have a set of stock rebuilt #302's on the '84 W150 4bbl, 3.21 SG. Combined with the Summit 6900 cam it does very well.

I will probably stay with the 2.94's in the Mirada. It will see no seriuos track time. I live out in the sticks, so I highway drive more than stop and go city driving (70% Highway at 50-65 mph/30% city stop and go) if that makes sense.

60 mph/2.94 gear/27" Tire/1.00 trans final gear = Approximatley a 2200 rpm cruise. Not factoring in the lock-up which will lower the cruise rpm.

So Mirada's combination will be matched to this. I am really interested in the Fast EZ-EFI and am leaning toward it for the Mirada. The Aspen will stay carbuerated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3tpUQKlB0k

Back