Ignition

AJ/FormS

Reaction score
On the Circle of the earth, Southern Man,Canada
That means everything is working except the pick-up coil.
Prove the reluctor is rotating, then
Prove the reluctor gap is somewhere greater than zero but less than .025
Then check it for continuity. IDK the resistance but I expect it will be less than 500 ohms, and greater than 200.
Finally, hook up an analog voltmeter to it on a very small voltage setting, then crank the engine. You should see the needle pulsing every time the reluctor passes by the pole-piece.
If it passes all the tests, I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Mn mopar

Reaction score
That means everything is working except the pick-up coil.
Prove the reluctor is rotating, then
Prove the reluctor gap is somewhere greater than zero but less than .025
Then check it for continuity. IDK the resistance but I expect it will be less than 500 ohms, and greater than 200.
Finally, hook up an analog voltmeter to it on a very small voltage setting, then crank the engine. You should see the needle pulsing every time the reluctor passes by the pole-piece.
If it passes all the tests, I'm wrong.
I did all that yesterday, every thing is good and checks out it should have spark but im not getting it

Duke5A

Reaction score
No spark while cranking could also be no power to the ECU while cranking. Unplug the ECU and check voltage there while turning the motor over. This one really is a brain teaser...

Mn mopar

Reaction score
Ok so figured it out, it was the plug it self at the ecm, was not making a good connection the ecm it was to loose on the ecm pins thank god lol

Oldiron440

Reaction score
It's always the last place you look!
Glad you found it, pat yourself on the back. Now it will be the first thing you check.

Oldiron440

Reaction score
This probably will not be your last old Mopar so there will be another time.

BudW

Staff member
Reaction score
...the pics I uploaded were actually much bigger (so easier to read, more detail)...I see the stuff in the thread as having been sized down...
The forum software has a individual file download file size limit (and 10 file max per post) – which I will guess is 1 MB (but could be wrong).

I do know when I upload a picture at 2400x1350 (roughly 1.2MB) the forum will reduce the file size down (a lot). When I upload a picture at 2000x1125 (just under 1 MB) it goes in fine. The system will even upload massive files. My phone camera takes pictures at 5312x2988 (over 6MB) – but system shrinks them down considerably – so it takes you longer to upload them into system, with no benefit.

System handles PDF files separately – but also it will not auto display PDF files either. I’ve been using PDF to upload larger files with – which I think has been more useful to others (feedback from others will help, on this aspect).

All I know is when I have a problem, a picture goes a long way on helping resolve it (in my opinion).
BudW

Back