input on scat I Beams for 360

Oldiron440

Reaction score
There are usually sets of reconditioned rods on eBay for sale
I knew a guy that put a lot of reconditioned parts on Ebay, his machine shop was failing because of his lousy work reputation so he would crank out sbc parts. Heads, rods and short blocks until those parts started having trouble.
Cheap Ebay parts might be expensive in the long run.

80mirada

Reaction score
Usually the sets on eBay are TRW reman, there were a bunch of new Mopar sets from the Cummins reman/crate engine operations for a while, but those seem to have dried up

XfbodyX

Reaction score
I wish I had bought the 360 crate motor rods (cummins) and I think they were not much more the $100 if I recall. They were there for a while.

ZieglerSpeed

Reaction score
At this point I've decided on Eagle I beams with a press pin design, Federal Mogul .040 cast pistons -its a 74 318 motor and an Eagle cast steal crankshaft

XfbodyX

Reaction score
Have you been able to source the press pin rods? I ask because here in the states they are very very hard to find or unless they made a recent run which I doubt.

Have you thought about a hyper piston with more compression since your going to spring for the crank and rods?

ZieglerSpeed

Reaction score
I talked to Eagle or somebody that said the press fit rods and cast steel cranks should be in the works again -maybe August. I'm staying quite origional or I might as well stick in a crate motor like everyone else

Back