k-car brake booster and 8 3/4 swap?

Greg55_99

Reaction score
I won't argue with your insight, because, I actually know that you are right. HOWEVER, my 25 year old self in 1980 didn't know any better. My 25 year old self out of lack of funds and ignorance made the big block fit with the mods to the drivers side motor mount and tranny mount.

Question:

Did it run?

Answer:

Yes it did.

Question:

Did it run GOOD?

Answer:

Oh, HELL yeah!

Volare_413.JPG

Volare_ Big_Block_linkage.jpg

Oldiron440

Reaction score
I'm sure it did, I just thought it should be said how it should be done. I've seen swaps that didn't look correct under the hood because the builder didn't have a clue. Then you run into harmonics and trying to figure out vibrations.

Greg55_99

Reaction score
Do the Schumaker mounts maintain correct engine placement?

jasperjacko

Reaction score
stock trans mount will work and use that to set engine mount location fore and aft.

Mopar&vettedude

Reaction score
I know this will probably be a dumb question, but I the use of the k car booster, you can use the k car master cylinder as well? Also are the fitting the same for the lines?

G code Jockey

Reaction score
that is a good question. my plan was to use a k-car brake booster and aluminum master combo. after doing some rock auto part research, the port sizes on a k-car master are 3/8 x 24 on both ports, where as looking at a 83 cordoba, the ports are primary, 1/2 x 20 and the secondary are 9/16 x 20. this might be a matter of changing the fittings or making new brake lines to the prop valve. as for the master cylinders, both are 2 bolt style but who knows if they will swap.

Back