Lean Burn Conversion 101

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
The LB finally died on the 84 Diplomat. Conversion completed with parts mostly sourced from the stash I've collected over the years. I did decide on a rebuilt dizzy and carb (which I needed anyway fro the vacuum advance and the ported vacuum source that the old carb lacked) since my parts stash stuff had been sitting 25 years in boxes.

She's back on the road and running great again.

Success!!
Good to hear you're back on the road....

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score

Mr C

Reaction score
How is it Eric?
Big difference??
I've been meaning to do my Fifth but I figured I'd wait till my computer called it a day.

That's what I did with the Dippy...waited until the computer failed. My 5th is still LB and running strong. I have two computers (one I keep under the driver's seat- almost like a spare ballast resistor) to swap in...once I'm out of computers I'll swap. I got them from running cars that got scrapped-they were surprised I wanted them so I got them for free.

I like free.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
That's what I did with the Dippy...waited until the computer failed. My 5th is still LB and running strong. I have two computers (one I keep under the driver's seat- almost like a spare ballast resistor) to swap in...once I'm out of computers I'll swap. I got them from running cars that got scrapped-they were surprised I wanted them so I got them for free.

I like free.

Can't beat that deal.

compubert

Reaction score
Heh... "Emissions testing" here amounts to a cop looking underneath your car to see if you have cats, and even then only if he's stopped you for a different exhaust-related offense (usually noise). :eusa_dance:
I like our Florida inspections - they make sure you are in a car.....

Ele115

Reaction score
I like our Florida inspections - they make sure you are in a car.....
I kind of wish we could go back to safety inspections though. There is some really terrifying junk on the roads. Home made trailers, cars with no brakes, smashed in windshields, the scrappers with junk metal piled 15 feet high in trucks with none of it tied down. I rarely ever get behind a trailer of any kind that has working lights. I could care less what someone chooses to drive, I'm not at all a fan of government intervening all the time but some people with endanger everyone else if there are no safety standards being enforced. Driving in South Floduh anymore is almost like driving in New Delhi. If you're from Floduh, you know exactly what I'm talking about

Back