1. Justwondering

Justwondering Well-Known Member

Aspen500

Could you take another couple of weeks off and come down to Texas to clean out the barn at the estate??

You'll be in top cleaning form by then and it would be a piece of cake for you.

I'd even let you hang new LED lights -- out of the kindness of my heart.

JW
    (lol)

2. Oldiron440

Oldiron440 Well-Known Member

That is a kind offer, I don't know how he can pass it up.:)

Justwondering likes this.
  3. Aspen500

Aspen500 Well-Known Member

Wish I could. It's really hot and humid there though, isn't it? Maybe if it was clothing optional I could stand the humidity, lol.
    Seriously though, I could take a year off from work and still not get everything done around here that needs to be done. It never ends. Cross one thing off the list and two more get added. Almost a losing battle but, I don't have to tell you what that's like.:D If money were no object, I'd hire a bunch of it out but money is a huge object so,,,,,,,,,,,unless it's absolutely not a DIY job (like digging up and repairing the cracked sewer line 5 feet under ground) I pretty much have to do it myself. I'd love to hire out the dormer roof project but had absolutely no luck getting a contractor to even come give a quote (WTF with contractors?) so it's going to be a self done job. If only I weren't so deathly afraid of heights, it'd go much easier.:eek:

4. Darth-Car

Darth-Car Well-Known Member

Contractors are worthless these days. They promise to come, and you never see them. They may come, and promise an estimate in several days and you never hear back from them, and none of them want to bother with a "simple" small job. If they can't rip the entire plumbing system out of your house, and replace it, they want no part of just fixing the leaky faucet.

5. Aspen500

I've only had trouble with building contractors, like roofing. I wouldn't call a plumber for a faucet or even a leaking pipe, BUT, when it comes to sewer pipes, leave it to the pro's. When my toilet and tub stopped draining, I called a couple places and "left a message". Called the next one on the list and an actual human answered(!). Said they would be here at 5pm that day and, by golly, 5 pm and the van pulled in. It was a master plumber and apprentice and they worked until the problem was found (a gigantic mass of roots). Where do the roots come in? They don't have the equipment to scope the system so, they recommended a place. Like an idiot I put it off and,,,,,,,,,,,it plugged up again. This time it was ice, due to more roots. "I'll be there around 5:30" and sure enough, on the dot. He worked and worked (I helped), it was about 1 degree oiut and we had to find the cleanout next to the house. I knew about where it was so we shoveled and shoveled, then chopped through the 2" layer of ice and found it,,,,,,,about 8pm it became obvious he needed equipment that his son keeps in his van. So,,,,,,said they'd be there the next day (Saturday) by noon and would get it opened. It wasn't any warmer during the day but they (and I) worked until it was wide open. Scoping found the cracked pipe at the clean out "Y" and the original plumber is coming soon to excavate and repair it since the other guys are only a sewer service doing scoping and augering, etc. There are excellent contractors, problem is finding them. I got lucky with the plumbers and got great ones right off the bat. Best part was, the bill from both of them was a lot less than I thought it would be, considering the after hours work and the time it took.

6. Justwondering

Justwondering Well-Known Member

The month of July just went to pot.
    Two days a week for physical therapy for husband to try and get him walking again.
    Its about a 6 hour ordeal between getting him in to the car, driven 50 miles to physical therapy, the hour or hour and half for pt, back another 50 miles, and back into the house with the obligatory stop for whatever he wants to eat or drink as a reward on the way back.

lol

JW

7. Aspen500

Put the other two LED lights up yesterday. Was about to put them in the same place as the old lights then had a thought (scary, I know). I had all 15 lights mounted crossways on the ceiling and two rows were basically over the vehicles. Lit the roof up but dark on the sides towards the walls so,,,,,,positioned them lengthwise to the garage, one near the wall, the other in between the "stalls". MUCH better! Definitely going to order some more of them soon. Wow, what a difference.:cool:

brotherGood likes this.
  8. brotherGood

brotherGood Well-Known Member

I may try that. I have a light over the hood when the garage door is shut, but once the door is open that light is blocked.

I'm sure itll help me to run them length wise as well, since I've gotta do some bodywork still