My Big Block Volare Wagon Project

Wagonmaster

Reaction score
Just a few pictures to start off. Ive been working on it for about 3 years...Slowly coming along. Doing it all myself so far and no garage. Going In Violet on this one (Plum Crazy is the Dodge term)

Vacation 025 (Small).jpg

wagon 002 (Small).jpg

thunt 012 (Small).jpg

wagon 004 (Small).jpg

wgosn 005 (Small).jpg

Wagonmaster

Reaction score
I didnt have anything when I started. I did end up getting one of the canopy garages to hold me over till I get a real one built.

cam 037 (Small).jpg

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
Wagonmaster....pull out that whip and whip that wagon into shape :icon_basketball:

Last edited:

MeMike

Reaction score
I better hide my 440 before Creed see's this build.
Keep us updated Wagonmaster :glasses1: Very Nize

creeds_247

Reaction score
And the canopy garages will work, Im suprised dad hasnt put a picture of his up!

Wagonmaster

Reaction score
The weather is getting nice so I should be able to get some stuff done this spring and some new pics... Always seems to take forever to round up the parts

creeds_247

Reaction score
I hear just when u think ur getting somewhere a new list of parts show up

MeMike

Reaction score
And the canopy garages will work, Im suprised dad hasnt put a picture of his up!

It's been through 3 winters and well worth my $200 investment to keep the rain ,tree sap and leaves off my 66 Valiant. Yes my tools and other parts to :eusa_clap:

Picture 222 063.jpg

Axle bearing change 084.jpg

let%20it%20rain%20019.jpg

Picture 113.jpg

Wagonmaster

Reaction score
Got a fresh 440

Picked this up the other day. Looks like a fresh rebuild. Cant wait to get this thing in there

0403111400 (Medium).jpg

dtr 031 (Medium).jpg

Wagonmaster

Reaction score
Trade and labor is what I got in it so far. Im gonna use the short block and put my heads on it (902's shaved .060). Time to go to work..

Wagonmaster

Reaction score
Havent done too much here lately due to the marriage thing.

Wagon goes off for some floor pan pieces welded in tomorrow, along with a few other odds and ends. When it comes back Ill get it detailed back up under the hood and set the 440 in there. I cant wait to hear this thing run. :icon_super:

Wagonmaster

Reaction score
Some more pics of the 440

There is a Pete Jackson gear drive under the cover. I still want it in there :glasses10:. Gonna keep it looking semi stock (orange engine and purple werent available that year:D)

041011190650.jpg

Wagonmaster

Reaction score
That wagon is fun to watch pulling the wheels off the ground. Im hoping all 4 of mine stay attached to the earth though:wave:. Im going for a good road cruiser (yes with a big block:sad4:) I got all the cop sway bars and poly bushings for the torsion bars and the aluminum isolator blocks. Still debating on rear gears though. I got a 2.94 Sure grip and still waiting on a 3.91 Sure grip. The married life will put a damper on the project for a bit till I get settled in

Back