My Big Block Volare Wagon Project

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score

Well that pisses me off because I have been trying to get them to do a set for about 13 years now. I found my stripes NOS factory sealed or else I would have been SOL and I think I paid $500 ish for em.

I WILL call them back. I wish I was a FABO member and I would just reply on that thread. I hate it when people play games. That Chris guy probably just didn't want to take the time and check for me. I would like to have an extra set in case I need em.

76CinnamonRT

Reaction score
Hoooly crap I just called back and talked to Nathan and he was glad to help me. He said he remembered your order and he was totally unaware that there were other color combos on the cars originally.

So here is the deal, I am going to send him an NOS sample of my colors and pictures of other 76-77 Aspen R/T's with odd stripe combos. I know of the two tone green, red/silver, two tone Blue and my Yellow/Orange. I need some pics of cars with these color combos if anyone has any they would like to share I will send them to him.

They want to broaden their catalog lol

Thanks!
Kenny

Greg55_99

Reaction score
Why no power steering? Did I miss that part? I'd like to see a tall deck big block with ps.

Greg

jasperjacko

Reaction score
Lookin' good! what are those things holding up the front of the car.... not clay flue tile I hope.... those can fail suddenly and without warning . just checking...wouldn't want your baby to come crashing down!

Wagonmaster

Reaction score
Those are steel blocks...Think really big subframe connectors.

I went with manual everything to keep it simple. I dont like the whine and messes associated with most p/s setups. That and I save a few pounds off the front end.

efriedrich

Reaction score
Thats cool, how much longer before you can take it for a test blast?

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
1 quick question, whats the "whine" sound? almost sounds like a power steering pump with no fluid or a gear drive timing set.... Exhaust note sounds sweet tho.... Time for the test blast just the "check" things out....lol

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
1 quick question, whats the "whine" sound? almost sounds like a power steering pump with no fluid or a gear drive timing set.... Exhaust note sounds sweet tho.... Time for the test blast just the "check" things out....lol
He's running a gear drive timing set.

Wagonmaster

Reaction score
Yep. A Pete Jackson gear drive...The noisy version if you cant tell already lol. Im waiting to finish up my rear end then time for a test run

Mroldart2u

Reaction score
Yep. A Pete Jackson gear drive...The noisy version if you cant tell already lol. Im waiting to finish up my rear end then time for a test run

Very cool... I always wanted to run one, just to make ppl wonder.. I never had the funds tho, cuz @ the time i was messing with fords and 351w's when windsors wasnt cool....

Wagonmaster

Reaction score
Not much happening here lately. Work has been long days and havent had much time to tinker. But it will get done one of these days

Wagonmaster

Reaction score
Still not much going on but Im still chugging away at a few things. Got the factory column shifter all hooked up and ready. Gotta get my rearend setup , Got the 3.91 gears and sure grip so it wont be long now (till the guy gets a chance to set it up for me anyway). Scored a disc brake setup off the rear of a 98 Grand Cherokee for $50. Calipers, rotors, brackets, hoses, and parking brake cables. Probably a bit of overkill compared to the 11" drums but it was a pretty good deal.

Wagonmaster

Reaction score
Finally got my rear setup and ready. Now I just gotta pick it up and stick it in there and she'll be ready for a small test drive.

Back