My Big Block Volare Wagon Project

Wagonmaster

Reaction score
Also the wagon body is out getting some metal work fixed. Fenders, a few spots on the floor are gonna be replaced, and my 26" core support is going in. Its only got a 22" right now. With the big block I want to get as big as I can go in the cooling department

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
That wagon is fun to watch pulling the wheels off the ground. Im hoping all 4 of mine stay attached to the earth though:wave:. Im going for a good road cruiser (yes with a big block:sad4:) I got all the cop sway bars and poly bushings for the torsion bars and the aluminum isolator blocks. Still debating on rear gears though. I got a 2.94 Sure grip and still waiting on a 3.91 Sure grip. The married life will put a damper on the project for a bit till I get settled in
Stay with the 2.94 to make it a nice BB highway cruiser for now you can always change it later..

briankaplan

Reaction score
I'm going to do that with my wagon. As soon as I can find a good engine.
Going to leave the body alone. Just going for that ratty look.

wagon1.jpg

Wagonmaster

Reaction score
I wish I would have stuck with the stock ratty look I had when I started...It gets addictive and the next thing you know you got more money in the body work than the whole car is worth. Im not looking at value with mine. Just want to put it together so I can enjoy it.

Wagonmaster

Reaction score
I almost thought about doint the flat black with a red interior. But I've wanted a purple wagon since the one I had in high school. Since I painted under the hood Ive been wanting the good body work done to make it look that much better

Wagonmaster

Reaction score
The column itself is the same between manual and power steering. The intermediate shaft that goes between the box and the column is where the different lenght is. Mine was from an original manual F body. I think the later A body manual boxes will work, may just have to change the pitman arm.

Wagonmaster

Reaction score
i gotta figure out how to use my wifes mac laptop to get some new pics loaded. I got a lot of metal work done to the wagon and would love to show the updates. No finishing body work or anything just some floors from an 87 Fifth Avenue welded in and all the trim and side marker lights welded up. The wagon is staying at my parents house with all the tools, Ive moved about an hours drive away so its a little hard to work on it as much as I use to but its still coming along. I cant wait to get this thing going

Wagonmaster

Reaction score
Got the 440 in. Still a lot of odds and ends type work to get it to clear everything. Mainly a little more grinding on the k frame and some steering shaft work to clear the headers

0927111735.jpg

09052011 013 (Small) (2).jpg

Wagonmaster

Reaction score
It was so much easier mounting the headers and starter while it was outside the body on the frame. If I had a nice garage this is the way to do it. It would have been a real pain if I went from the top with all the clearance that was needed on the frame

ramenth

Reaction score
Hell, even when the engine "fits" - stock everything - in my opinion it's still the smart way to do it. There's a reason why the factory did it this way. Ease of assembly.

Back