OK, show your stalled project

Greg55_99

Reaction score
Don't be ashamed. Stuff happens. Life happens and your stuck. I get it. If it's in the garage covered with old clothes... show it. Out back of the house up on blocks... show it. Loaded up with chicken poop... OK, don't show that..

Be proud! You'll get around to it. Someday....

Greg

Volare_pic!.jpg

Aspen500

Reaction score
Don't have a stalled car project at the moment (it's the house project that's stalled) BUT, I spent 12 years building the Aspen after it sat for 6 years with a fried trans while the now stalled house project was in full swing. Does that kind of count?o_O

80mirada

Reaction score
Don't have a stalled car project at the moment (it's the house project that's stalled) BUT, I spent 12 years building the Aspen after it sat for 6 years with a fried trans while the now stalled house project was in full swing. Does that kind of count?o_O

Yes it does

Aspen500

Reaction score
I guess technically my car project continuation (a car is NEVER done) is stalled while the money is going to a new dormer roof, repairs to the top of the fake chimney on the end of the house, the shop and shed are about due for reroofing too. Then there's the driveway around the side of the house to the back (to eliminate the drive through the attached garage to get to the shop PITA). Of course, can't forget the bathroom needs a total gut job done including tearing out the concrete floor for new (and PROPERLY vented) drain lines along with the rest of the interior of the house that needs a bunch of trim, kitchen cabinets, the furnace is almost 20 years old now, water heater 7 years....................Well, you get the idea.:(

brotherGood

Reaction score
Sounds like a common theme, but mine is waiting on more play money. I had it out a couple weeks ago, and blew a fuel line (they needed replaced anyway, I just finished it off) so its back in the garage being used as a workbench. Right now, the only car I'll be working on (hopefully) is the wifes Rav4. The dealer wants 500 plus bucks to do a coolant/brake/trans flush. Ive got access to a lift, so I'll save about 400, and do it myself. Also have a couple things to do around the house, including dig up and replace a sewer line, and move in a 12x16 shed and get it "looking nice" (so says the wife). Then, I've got a couple parts that people are holding for me (thankfully) to purchase. Once all thats caught up, then I can move forward..barring any unforeseen issues.

Bruceynz

Reaction score
How long before a project is considered stalled? I started on mine at Xmas time and got back on to it now, is it considered stalled for 6 months, seems like a drop in the bucket really :) or more like slow progress! Anyway its running and down to get a road worthy cert tomorrow, going to be interesting, its in primer and looks a tad sad.

Monkeyed

Reaction score
would it sound cynical to say my entire life is a "stalled project" o_O :p
I did read an interesting article about valuing experiences over material goods, as far as what you invest your time and money in. Makes sense, awful hard for someone to rob you of something you've done. I spend so much energy trying to build something to last throughout the ages and end up frustrating myself with the lack of means to make it possible. All things crumble with time, but if something about your life was worth remembering, maybe there'll be a glimmer for your grandkid's grandkids..

I guess that's why I love cars, they are a means not an end. And the more self-sufficient you are with them, the less utilitarian they become.
(I'd use the "soapbox" emoticon, but :rolleyes:)

Justwondering

Reaction score
Monkeyed...
Its not cynical.
Just turn the picture around.
Its all about the journey, not the destination.
We all have the some ending. Its the ride along the way that makes the difference.

Justwondering

Reaction score
Now, now jasperjacko... are you saying you don't have one single project in progress? I can loan you one of mine.

RowanAmethyst

Reaction score
My '76 Volare project is stalled, due to lack of funds. The wiper linkage bushing is broken, the horn doesn't work, and it needs shocks, just to get it inspected. On the list of things to do after all that's sorted are to finish the A/C delete (right now the compressor is acting as an idler pulley just so the belt'll fit), fix the hanging trim piece (probably with epoxy 'cause good luck finding those little clips), and change the oil. Beyond that, I dunno, maybe some mild performance upgrades and a fresh coat of paint? We'll see if I can ever get around to it.

Back