prayers, please, folks

ramenth

Reaction score
Got the worst of all news today.

My wife, Sarah, has had some problems lately with memory, focus, concentration. She's seen a psychologist who's been in consultation with our family doctor. She was recently referred to a psychiatrist. The shrink ordered a round of tests, beginning with a CT.

The CT was this morning. She's now sitting in ICU for monitoring. The radiologist ordered an MRI for further pictures. The pictures show a mass in her brain, about the size of an egg, sitting center mass.

The neurosurgeon has ordered an angiogram to be done first thing tomorrow. If it's an aneurysm they'll need to run a stint. In her brain.

If it's not an aneurysm then it's a tumor and the biopsy will be done tomorrow, too. That may take a little while for us to know the results, but the big C word was hanging in the air.

This is the third time I've been asked by God to stand on the sidelines while my wife has had to endured physical trauma and an uncertain future. The first time was when we lost our daughter, Katie, the second time was was when we suffered our miscarriage and Sarah had to spend a week in the hospital because of infection.

I just spent the last three hours with a friend of ours who was there with us the first two times. It helped having someone to talk to otherwise I'm sure I would have tearing down walls with my bare hands.

Prayers, please, for those of you who are the praying kind, and well wishes and thoughts from those of you who aren't. Sarah needs 'em to health and healing and I need 'em to be able to stay strong enough to support my wife through this.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Robert.
First of all, I will be sending my prayers as often as possible.
My mother has been hanging out with "The Big Guy" for quite some time now
I'll see if I can get her to call in some favors.

Your story definitely strikes a chord with me.
My mother battled the big "C" for 10 years.
I've spent more time in every various hospital ward than I care to remember.
Since then, I've lost my father to a heart attack, my older brother to an unexplained coma
And my youngest brother (who had down syndrome) to a stroke.
My sister has had two scraps with cancer (thankfully she's won both)
Don't know how I'd take losing another one.

As far as your wife's condition,
Although every case is different I can tell you that
My mother in law just went through the same thing.
She was acting weird, irrational, forgetting things, etc.
They found a tumor the size of a golfball or bigger in what they referred to as
"A very difficult area"
It's been two years since her operation and she has made a full recovery.
Like I said, every case is different but they have gotten pretty good at this kind of thing.

I can certainly relate to you wanting to tear your walls down with your bare hands.
There have been a couple of walls of my own that have needed some patching
And a couple of innocent refrigerator's that have met my anger.

The only reason I've told you about my history is just to let you know that you're not alone.
I've had a few kicks in the teeth myself and I just want you to know my heart is with you and your's

I WILL pray my butt off Robert.
Try to keep your faith and strength.
I will send what I can.
Please keep me up to speed on how it goes.

God bless you and your family.

Last edited:

ramenth

Reaction score
Update

The angiogram came back negative. In the words of the doc, no aneurysm is the good news.

They're doing the biopsy tomorrow morning at nine. Then it's time to wait for the results.

roadrunnerman

Reaction score
just saw this,wasn't able to log on yesterday.i will send as many prayers to you and your wife.Years ago i saw a movie with sally fields in it that played a lady that could heal with a touch(based on true facts),sometimes it would be nice to have that ability so good people like you and your wife don't have to go thru times like this.

bonz buonopane

Reaction score
i recently had a shunt put in for a lemon-sized cyst, it took 45 minutes or so, and i was home the next day. i had to return a week later for an adjustment and overnight observation ... but all has been well since - good luck, the shunt worked for me :)

ramenth

Reaction score
Wednesday she was on the table for eight hours having drainage put in for the swelling. They did the biopsy at the same time.

We got the pathology report back yesterday. The cells were identified as abnormal. Abnormal as in they can't be identified as malignant or benign. The pathology report is being sent out further afield, hoping someone can tell what the cells are.

Now, it's a wait and see approach. That's option A. Option B is for surgery to open the brain up and get more tissue from a different area of the tumor. Going with option A they'll continue to monitor the tumor through contrast MRI and we'll pray that it shrinks. Option B may still be necessary if the tumor stays the size it is or gets worse.

Thanks, all, for the prayers. Keep 'em coming if you would, please.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
You got 'em Robert.
I haven't stopped.
I've been waiting to hear how it's going.
I'm sending additional prayers that they figure this out as quick as possible.
So things can get back to normal for you and your wife.

Back