prayers, please, folks

efriedrich

Reaction score
I know words don't mean much right now but think good thoughts and keep your chin up.

Last edited:

ramenth

Reaction score
She's home now, folks. Doc cut the orders this evening. After a long week it's nice to have her here with me again.

We're not out of the woods, not by a long shot, but she's home.

Superpac Ninja

Reaction score
i wish you the best of luck,,and prayrs fello mopar bud..my g-friend is dying slowly of parkensons and kidney disease right now befor my eyes dailey,,its a rough ride,,keep the faith

ramenth

Reaction score
i wish you the best of luck,,and prayrs fello mopar bud..my g-friend is dying slowly of parkensons and kidney disease right now befor my eyes dailey,,its a rough ride,,keep the faith

my prayers go out to you both.

ramenth

Reaction score
It's malignant, folks.

The pathology report is back from the University of Rochester and it's describing the tumor as either a germ cell tumor or a lymphoma.

We talked to our general practitioner on Wednesday, seeking advice on what questions we should be asking as we move forward. He's the one who gave us the news. Our neurosurgeon, on the other hand, is calling the pathology report "undiagnostic," meaning he's not satisfied with the outcome of it being a choice between the two and wants to know exactly which type we're dealing with.

So we walked out of the neurosurgeon's office yesterday with a referral to an oncologists so we can move forward with the advice and knowledge of a person who deals with cancer everyday.

The only thing we're sure about is that it's malignant, we're just unsure of which type it may be and the treatment for it. Either way we know it will involve radiation and/or possibly chemo.

Gotta say we're both scared s***less, folks, I just can't show it in front of Sarah. Now's the time to put my game face on and get her through this. Even if I have to put her on my shoulders and carry her.

1976RR

Reaction score
My Prayers to out to your wife ... If anybody can relate to what she is going through ... its me ... I had a brain tumor just over 1 1/2 years ago ... they went in and took it out... mine was whats called a benign managioma .. something spelled like that ... THANK the lord and family and prayers i made a full recovery ... Again prayers sent

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Robert...
I've been trying to think of something "appropriate" to say but I can't.
Not the news I was hoping to hear. (obviously you either)
The only thought I will allow myself to think is
You WILL get through this and Sarah WILL recover.
I have been sending prayers and thoughts non-stop.
Hoping the next hand the big guy deals you is a good one.
I'm hoping that this next part doesn't sound weird but..
I don't want you to feel like you're alone going through this.
I don't know what your support group is like with family and friends..
But for what it's worth, if you ever needed to yak about anything
Or just want a sounding board or whatever...
Send me a PM and I'll shoot you my number.
I'll pray harder than ever for you and your wife.
Prayers and best wishes Robert.

ramenth

Reaction score
My Supergirl

Figured I'd put up this pic for ya'll. She looks a little tired from a long day, but the little smile says a lot.

100MEDIA$IMAG0173.jpg

She's been feeling penned in between home and the doctors' offices, so it seemed like a good time to have a date night. Her choice of "fine" dining: Denny's.

She wanted the Superman hat since Supergirl wears the same logo. Told her that's the attitude she needs to have: bulletproof. Helps her a bit with her self-consciousness towards having her head shaved from the shunts being put in and the biopsy being done.

I appreciate all the prayers, folks, and all the invites to chat. Don't think it's not appreciated. I'll take ya'll up on it when I can get my head on straight.

100MEDIA$IMAG0173.jpg

slant6billy

Reaction score
Hey brother, I can't say I know anything of your pain and fear with this one. I had a tough week (or so I thought). I had a bad night at Atco last night with the truck trying to go below 16 seconds in the 1/4. My reaction times really sucked. All my shit really does not compare here to what you are going through. I wish you and your wife the best & the same out to Scotty as well. I thank you guys for reality check. I've got noth'n to be bitch'n about. Keep your heads high friends and stay strong. God bless.

ramenth

Reaction score
Switched hospitals, switched doctors

The last doc just wanted to keep an eye on the tumor for the next couple of months through CT scan since the pathology report gave him a choice as to what it may be.

So we went and saw an oncologist who referred us to a neuro-oncologist at Strong Memorial and the Wilmot Cancer Center in Rochester. About a two hour drive each way. The neuro-oncologist has ordered a round of tests under the strong suspicion it's a germ cell tumor (highest likely probability).

We've had to wait until the steroids are out of Sarah's system. The steroids put us in a Catch-22. Without 'em the swelling could have gotten to the point of being catastrophic. With 'em they may be masking what the tumor really is.

The 2nd we go up for a lumbar puncture. They want to sample the spinal fluid to see if the tumor might be shedding cells through the shunts back into the spine. We need to get there early for some blood work to be done, too. The 6th we go up for MRI's along the spine. If it's a germ cell, it may have left behind cysts as it migrated from the the ovaries to the brain. The 11th we go up for a consult on what the test results and film work shows. If the test results are undiagnostic then we may have to wait a few months and they may be forced to go back in. Not a good thing.

The shunts are doing their job, but Sarah has been getting some mild headaches more frequently. Since the tumor is located on her penial gland and attached to her thalamus her sleep cycle is thrown off a bit. The doc gave her a natural OTC remedy to help with that. She wears out easy, taking two or three naps a day at times. Can't take her far from home unless it's to see family, where she can have a bed to rest on if she tires out.

Gotta keep a close eye on her, too. Can't leave her alone for very long (maybe just to go outside and work in the gardens). Did it the other day, but my sister and her family was down for a spell and it gave me a chance to take a breather. Because of where the shunts are located she could get extreme headaches with vomiting. Back to the ER. Or she may just pass out. Back to the ER. Now that she's a patient of Strong, that means a helicopter ride from here local to Rochester if it happens. We have a neighbor who helps me keep an eye on her, but still would prefer to do it myself.

Trying to keep her spirits up. And trying to keep her from getting bored. A result of the shunts can be some serious moods. If she starts to get into a funk I gotta try to pull her out of it, quick, otherwise it could be while to get her out of it. She's been doing little things around the house, as the doc will allow, but she can't do her normal chores. No gardening, no house cleaning. She's been baking, doing some crafts, working on some puzzles, organizing the books in the library, but she still can't bend over, so I have to pick things up for her and do any heavy lifting.

I've been working around in the gardens. Just cultivated the entire veggie garden today. Been keeping up on the yard, been keeping the house clean, and generally trying not to get bored myself. And trying not to go to pieces myself, at times.

Back