prayers, please, folks

bremereric

FMJ Body Moderator
Reaction score
If she ever gets sick enough to cause nausa go for the maranol prescription. My wife's older gent friend had it to help him with the nausa and eating.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Robert...
From experience of going through some of this madness myself
From the sidelines, I'd say you're doing an amazing and admirable job of dealing with this.
Keep your spirits up as best you can. It will help Sarah through osmosis.
The day WILL come where things are back to normal and figuring out what to do to your car next will be your biggest concern.
As I've said...the prayers, well wishes and general good vibes continue from here.
Meltdown in private and be strong for Sarah.
All will work out.
God bless you both.

ramenth

Reaction score
bringing up to date

Been a while, folks, sorry about that.

All the poking and prodding proved inconclusive. So the oncologists wanted more tissue samples. It was the neuro-surgeon's opinion that if he was going in to get more tissue, then he might as well get all the tissue...

Sitting in a hotel room right now in Rochester. Caught a break on that one. The hospital has a deal with RIT Conference Center that folks who have a ways to come, like we do, get a free room.

Tomorrow Sarah goes in to get the tumor taken out. We have to be at the hospital at 5:45 im the morning so she can be on the table at 7:30. She scheduled to be on the table for six hours. Gonna make for a long day...

Roadrunner360

Reaction score
Lord God please share your healing ways with our family in need! Lord we ask that you take this family in your hands whatch down upon them and protect them. Help them to find the strength through You Lord to overconm the struggles and challenges they now face. Lord surrond them with your love, let them know without a doubt of your presence to know they are not alone. Lord be with Sarah in her time of need and provide her with Your healing touch and the blessings of Your love. Lord allow Your will to be done........Thank you Jesus! Amen.....the prayer warriors in Indy are all over this........may God bless you!

roadrunnerman

Reaction score
Keep your spirits up.You're going to have a long day with her in sergury and then recovery.I have kept you and her in my thoughts.

ramenth

Reaction score
The tumor is out. It was deeper and more embedded than originally thought. It's now 4am Tuesday and Sarah is still yet to come awake. The surgeoun figured that was going to happen. Sitting here in ICU with her.

There's some bleeding in the area putting pressure on her brain that they're having to drain.

She's breathing on her own, but has a ventilator to help. They have to monitor her for the next couple of days for signs of a stroke. Her brain wave patterns were good on the table, but they won't really know until she's awake and they can do the neurological tests necessary.

They did a biopsy of the tumor while she was still on the table and still can't figure out what kind of cancer it is. Now that they have the entire tumor to poke and prod, though, we should know in 48-72 hours what we're dealing with.

I will tell you, though, that when they told me they were able to get the tumor out I was so relieved and overcome with emotion I went out to the car and finally allowed myself to just completely breakdown and cry. It's been a rollercoaster of stress, anxiety, pressure for the past few months... Now to get her healed from the surgery so we can begin the rounds of treatment.

old tired rebel

Reaction score
Robert glad to hear everything went well. It is normal to break down,I did so did my wife. Prayer continue from my family to yours.

Roadrunner360

Reaction score
God is good! All the time!
Thank you Lord for answered prayers.......Your will be done-Amen!

roadrunnerman

Reaction score
Good to hear they got the tumor out.The best thing she can do now is rest. When she wakes up,she will probably say something funny that you both will remember for a long time.

ramenth

Reaction score
She's still in sedation. There was bleeding in the area where the tumor was. They had to put in a drain. After some positioning the drain is now doing it's job and decreasing the pressure while allowing the brain to reabsorb the blood.

She's breathing on her own, but they have a ventilator tube in to help. Some fluid developed on the lungs, but that has since decreased. Tommorow they are talking about lifting the sedation and taking the tubes out and bringing her around.

So far there's no signs of brain damage and a lot of the swelling is going down. Still gonna be here a while, but that's okay. Let's get her healed up and get her ready for what comes next.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Robert,
Congratulations on a successful first round.
The bleeding is normal.
Happened the same when my wife's mother went in to have her tumor removed.
Hers was pretty big.
Recovery was actually VERY quick.
These procedures have come a long way.

I think about you and Sarah a lot and pray for you two often
Was waiting to hear how it was going.
You have my prayers, my well wishes and as much good energy as I can send.

Been busy myself.
My brother came incredibly close to dying and just got off life support
And is now back at home.
That's another story. Sorry to segue.
Just saying that it's all crazy and our biggest ally is our faith
Keep yours Sir.
My guess and hope is you're through the worst part.
God bless you both.

stansblue72

Reaction score
I hope all is going good for Sara and you Robert. My Sister went through the same thing about 4 years ago. She has had no problems since.

MoparTex

Reaction score
Continued Prayers

I will continue to pray for you two. God bless and keep the faith.

ramenth

Reaction score
Update time, folks.

Sarah still hasn't woke up, slipping into a coma. It's now been two weeks beyond the surgery and we're still seeing a lot of swelling on the brain, particularly the area where the tumor is and on the brain stem itself. The brain stem swelling is what has us all concerned as there may or may not be damage under the swelling that we won't know about until the swelling itself goes down. And that could take months.

Her neurological exams come and go. The other night she swung at a nurse and grabbed another, but hasn't shown anything more than the most basic of reflexive activity since. Functionally, she's about where a newborn baby would be, with flashes of higher brain function.

She's overcome one bout with pneumonia and is now coming through the end of another bout. The vent has been her best friend. She passed a blood clot into her lungs. The order came down for heperin, with the surgeon feeling that she's far enough out from surgery to where the risk of bleed out on the brain is lowered significantly. Not eliminated, just reduced.

She's put me up against her living will once already. She had no function, the vent was doing all the breathing for her, and her heart rate was constant in the 30's. She was like that for about three days and I'd come to peace with the decision that it was okay. The next day she was moving tremendously, her heart rate was in the 60's, and she was raring to go. Thank God!

We've won a lot of little battles over the last couple of days. The vent setting has come down, and they're trying to ween her from having to have her lungs pressurized. Her blood gases are coming back to normal and her white count is coming down to normal.

Still a lot of things have to go our way to get through this. But she's fighting. So I'm gonna stand here and fight for her.

Back