Random Pics

Camtron

Reaction score
Something, off, about that intake mock-up, lol

Duke5A

Reaction score
Something, off, about that intake mock-up, lol

kris_kross.jpg

...I'm dating myself here and I would be surprised if anyone else gets the reference.

Camtron

Reaction score
Since my trans pan has now sprung a leak for the 3rd time in the last month (Right Stuff gasket maker was still the wrong stuff, lol) figure it’s time to put the rusty pan in the scrap bin and get a deep pan on there. Should be here in a few days…now I’m officially “that guy” with the old car and the gnarly oil stain/s in the driveway. Before it was just the old car, lol. Looks like someone tried to bleed my baby dry in the driveway.

C6FA7984-177D-4E44-BCAC-2908796B54FF.png

69-

Reaction score
They're not in stock for ages. Want two, too.... (A100 + Charger)
Have one on my camper's 727. Painless and tight. :)

Camtron

Reaction score
Well there is that.
That’s what makes swallowing the cash on a TCI or Moroso pan so hard, I know, or hope anyway, a more affordable option will be around again. I mean, I have two small blocks and could use a spare 904 so, I’ll end up buying another deep pan sooner than later.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
Gasket maker? What's wrong with using the gasket that comes with the filter? One of the downsides (upsides maybe?) of owning lots of used cars in the rust belt over the years is I've replaced more than my share of oil and transmission pans. And nothing is more aggravating than being on the ground, under a car, and finding the last guy didn't use a gasket and thought the torque specs were suggestions. Leaky glued on pans... ugh

Camtron

Reaction score
Gasket maker? What's wrong with using the gasket that comes with the filter? One of the downsides (upsides maybe?) of owning lots of used cars in the rust belt over the years is I've replaced more than my share of oil and transmission pans. And nothing is more aggravating than being on the ground, under a car, and finding the last guy didn't use a gasket and thought the torque specs were suggestions. Leaky glued on pans... ugh
It leaked, then the reusable rubber gasket I bought leaked so, gasket maker; and now, it’s leaking after a couple weeks, hence, three oil leaks in 1 month…so new trans pan in a few days.

Mikes5thAve

Reaction score
I switch to the reusable mopar gasket with no sealant. Never had to replace a pan but plenty had to be knocked straight.

Camtron

Reaction score
I switch to the reusable mopar gasket with no sealant. Never had to replace a pan but plenty had to be knocked straight.
Three fails and in the trash it goes. Lip is straight, bolts were torqued to spec with sealant on threads, bolts are actually where it’s leaking from. I need the extra capacity anyway to help keep the trans happy with the 3.21 gears in the rear now.

Aspen500

Reaction score
I've seen way too often where you'd swear they misread 150 in lbs as 150 ft lbs......I know, the bolts would break long before that, but you know what I mean. Pan rail bent to heck, gasket squished out and split, etc. Same applies to oil pans and stamped rocker covers as well.

AMC Diplomat

Reaction score
It leaked, then the reusable rubber gasket I bought leaked so, gasket maker; and now, it’s leaking after a couple weeks, hence, three oil leaks in 1 month…so new trans pan in a few days.
Years ago I had an AOD that had a uneven gasket surface that only the warped factory pan would mate to. Strange stuff

Back