Real mopar people dont act that way

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Even the A guys laugh at us.[/QUOTE]

Their loss! Mopars are too cool to be so narrow minded about which ones are the coolest. You guys have some really cool cars! Mike

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
You know, there's always gonna be good guys and bad guys in any forum, club, hobby etc. that's just how it is. Our job here is to be the good guys and help each other out. I understand what you're saying, there are some out there with date coded butt plugs who give you attitude but for the most part the majority are good guys and the ones who aren't are probably just pissed because they spent about $200,000 more than you on their car than you did and you drive yours just as much as they do. Hell, maybe more cause some of these guys own trailer queens. I was at a show with my Caravelle once and I had a couple of Road Runner/Cuda guys sluff me off like my car was a piece of crap but half way through the show, I had more people checking out my Super Six than their 440' s . Some of these guys are cheque writers too. They didn't build their car..they bought it. Most people who work on their own respect the other guys. Let's set a good example, have fun and help out your fellow Mopar brothers and sisters. I even help my buds wrench their Fords, Chevys whatever. They're all just cars. I just happen to like the best ones. (humor). Happy wrenching Y'all.
Exactly... Their loss. We all own very cool cars.

ramenth

Reaction score
"Photos from my 2011 travels" that's where it started. All good now, I reckon.

You think that started it?

Someone needs to lighten up then. One of the things I've learned since I've been a member of Joey's forums is that not all Mopar guys are fans of all Mopars. Some of us are. I'm one of 'em. I've got a whole alphabet in the stable.

Really, the differences can be fun when you get right down to it. We walked through Carlisle checking out the A's, the B's, the E's, the C's, the F's, etc, when we finally got the cars from the 50's. My dad, all 70 years of him, looked at me and stated "well, here's the real cars! You've been dragging me around looking at all this modern crap!"

He said it facetiously, but it's an example of what makes folks tick. Some of us like what we like.

Dago Red

Reaction score
Circle The Wagons

The tree huggers want to junk all our hot rods. I think the quote goes, "either we hang together or surely we will hang separately".

I had a chance to cruise with the local low riders with my '61. They may not know how to make a car go fast, but they can dang sure paint one pretty! Flames, scallops, pinstripes...they can do it all. I tinkered with a few of the Mopars in the group, got 'em running smooth. They're not much for a regular tune up. Two groups that used to snicker and bash each other are now tight.

Point is, we either band together, regardless of brand or style, or our classics will end up at the crusher. Brem runs a good, tight board here. Yeah we pick on each other sometimes, but have somebody check in with a want or problem.........

Just keep doing what we're doing. The idiots will fall by the wayside. The true car folks will buy into what we're doing.

The best thing about the car hobby isn't the cars, but the people.

Now help me off this soapbox, my knees are killin' me.......:usa2:

Did this with 1/8" line tape, rattle cans and a bottle of Tequila....

Flamed Fugly.jpg

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
You think that started it?

Someone needs to lighten up then. One of the things I've learned since I've been a member of Joey's forums is that not all Mopar guys are fans of all Mopars. Some of us are. I'm one of 'em. I've got a whole alphabet in the stable.

Really, the differences can be fun when you get right down to it. We walked through Carlisle checking out the A's, the B's, the E's, the C's, the F's, etc, when we finally got the cars from the 50's. My dad, all 70 years of him, looked at me and stated "well, here's the real cars! You've been dragging me around looking at all this modern crap!"

He said it facetiously, but it's an example of what makes folks tick. Some of us like what we like.

That's funny. Just shows to go ya. Myself, I love 'em all. Cuda's to Caravelle's, A12's to Aspen's. Don't matter to me. I remember meeting a 19 year old kid at a car show who just bought a 1980 Mirada rustbucket with a Super Six. He was beaming. He thought he'd just bought the greatest car on the planet. Obviously the trailer queen crowd wouldn't even acknowledge the kid. I hung with him for about a half an hour talking about his car and how to get the slant running right. It was great and you know what? It was a cool car. Needed work but don't they all? Like I said... I love 'em all.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
I'm brand anal. I do NOT ride in non Mopars. I do NOT drive non Mopars, I do NOT own non Mopars.

MOPAR or NO CAR!

[ame]http://youtu.be/OTgnbl1-QcU[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

efriedrich

Reaction score
I am getting tired of the other sites. Im sick of hearing people say that there is nothing worth having after 1972. I would pick my labaron over half of the turds on some of those sites. I like anything with a pentastar.

Last edited:

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I'm brand anal. I do NOT ride in non Mopars. I do NOT drive non Mopars, I do NOT own non Mopars.

MOPAR or NO CAR!

Really? So if you just bought a new motor for your ride and your buddy offered to help you pick it up in his '65 El Camino, you'd say no?

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
Really? So if you just bought a new motor for your ride and your buddy offered to help you pick it up in his '65 El Camino, you'd say no?

I'd say NO WAY!
Friends don't let friends drive GM.

I sooooo anal, I wouldn't get a boost from a non Mopar.
When I need a flatbed to bring home a car, I get a Dodge.
When I see a line of taxis, I get into the Mopar. When I call for a cab, I ask for a Mopar.
I'll block my driveway so non Mopars can't park there.
I'd rather walk than be in a non Mopar.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
I'd say NO WAY!
Friends don't let friends drive GM.

I sooooo anal, I wouldn't get a boost from a non Mopar.
When I need a flatbed to bring home a car, I get a Dodge.
When I see a line of taxis, I get into the Mopar. When I call for a cab, I ask for a Mopar.
I'll block my driveway so non Mopars can't park there.
I'd rather walk than be in a non Mopar.

Oooookay.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
Well Doc, I do admire your loyalty. As you can see by my growing herd of cars I walk the walk too. Mind you I HAVE actually owned a sh*tbox chevy caprice but I only did that so I wouldn't have to drive my REAL cars in the winter. Nice garage btw. Yours I'm guessing?

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
OK....I'll admit in my younger days I used to drive non Mopars in the winter, so the real cars don't get rusted out.
But got tired of non Mopars breaking down, having to install heated bumpers to keep your hands warm while pushing.
Then I open the parts box, and it's full of Mopar parts.

So I started driving F's and M's in the winter.

Jack Meoff

Mopar Maniac
Reaction score
OK....I'll admit in my younger days I used to drive non Mopars in the winter, so the real cars don't get rusted out.
But got tired of non Mopars breaking down, having to install heated bumpers to keep your hands warm while pushing.
Then I open the parts box, and it's full of Mopar parts.

So I started driving F's and M's in the winter.

A-HA! So... The truth comes out. I know what you mean though. That piece of crap lasted me one season and then of course (being a GM) the tranny died. They're was no way I was sinking any money into scrap (rusted) metal so it went to the crusher. I'm driving the 5th now. Oil sprayed the crap out of her and hopefully she won't have to see another winter. That's why I bought the Dip. It's a 4 door so I don't feel SO bad about it being the beater. Gotta do a pile of work to get her sea worthy then a coat of Tremclad flat black and I think she'll convey the proper attitude.

Dr Lebaron

Reaction score
This is why I need a crank window M. Need another winter car.
I got like 8 winters on a 300,000K Alberta Dip Every spring I think it's the last winter, but it keeps on going.

5th Ave's suck way up here because the windows freeze and the last thing you need is a window stuck down when it's -85.

no snow.jpg

Last edited:
Back